Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Frozen Four results letters

Posted by DeltaOne81 
Frozen Four results letters
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 24, 2006 07:25PM

Got mine today. Rejected :( - two years in a row. At least I'll get a nice chunk of cash back.

Anyone else?

- Fred

Re: Frozen Four results letters
Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-193-210.myvzw.com)
Date: August 24, 2006 08:02PM

I got mine.....Accepted :-D

Posted by: cquinn (---.sbtnvt.adelphia.net)
Date: August 24, 2006 08:46PM

Got mine. Accepted. I think my priority number was 6. I'd be interested in knowing people's priority numbers to get an idea of the odds by priority.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 24, 2006 11:24PM

Accepted, priority of 2, soon to be 3. :-)

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: August 25, 2006 10:43AM

Accepted. I think my priority number is 7, but I don't recall for sure.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 25, 2006 11:17AM

I was a 1. The only time I ever got tickets was for Columbus.

Okay, well, I got tickets for Buffalo, but eBay doesn't help my priority :). I wish I could have a few years of luck so I could get my number up somewhat, but I'm only 1 for 3 so far with the last two being rejected.

My parents also have a priority of 1 (they got for Boston), so I'll see if they have any luck this year.

This may end up being a generational thing, depending how persistent people are. Even if my priority number moves up, it won't do any good if everyone else's does too. I may have to wait 30-50 years for some of you elders to start kicking off ;)

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.oracorp.com)
Date: August 25, 2006 12:27PM

"Frozen Four results letters"?? Geez, don't you folks know the results of the Frozen Four by now??

What? Oh. Oh, that's very different.

Nevermind.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: August 25, 2006 03:22PM

DeltaOne81
This may end up being a generational thing, depending how persistent people are. Even if my priority number moves up, it won't do any good if everyone else's does too. I may have to wait 30-50 years for some of you elders to start kicking off ;)

I have to say (and don't take this the wrong way, coming from a guy with a "7";), I think I pretty much agree you're in a bind, and it's a shame. I frankly don't see any reason why I'd ever stop entering the lottery, even if I'm not sure I'll be going.

On the other hand, some people who have high priority numbers already are old - and I'm sure not everybody who has one continues to apply every year, even if it's a very high percentage.

I certainly wouldn't stop applying if I were you.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 26, 2006 01:08PM

Speaking of old people. :-P

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 26, 2006 11:51PM

Beeeej
DeltaOne81

I have to say (and don't take this the wrong way, coming from a guy with a "7";), I think I pretty much agree you're in a bind, and it's a shame. I frankly don't see any reason why I'd ever stop entering the lottery, even if I'm not sure I'll be going.

On the other hand, some people who have high priority numbers already are old - and I'm sure not everybody who has one continues to apply every year, even if it's a very high percentage.

It wasn't really a complaint, sorry if you took it that way :). I just think it seems to be a fact and that I just realized. I figure there are some people who may just lose interest, and if I can get lucky and get a couple acceptances, I can move into the likely tier.

But I really wasn't complaining, I actually kinda like if it ends up being a generational thing... it guarantees sell outs and it gets very committed fans who have seen a lot. Heck, I look forward to being in that group, even if I have to wait for some of you guys to kick it ;)

And hey, I'll get another '1' added to my score for Detroit :). Get another lucky one sometime between now and then and a wouldn't be bad.

I certainly wouldn't stop applying if I were you.

Not planning on it ;)

FYI, my parents, also a 1, got rejected as well.

Oh, P.S., I might be upset if I didn't know that its quite doable to get tickets on eBay or off of message boards, even if it may be slightly more expensive (or not, depending on the teams - I couldn't sell my 2005 ones for beans).
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2006 11:14AM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2006 07:16AM

This still isn't NCAA basketball in ticket availability degree-of-difficulty. Since, say, 2000, Who has really wanted to go and not been able to get seats eventually?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2006 03:25PM

billhoward
This still isn't NCAA basketball in ticket availability degree-of-difficulty. Since, say, 2000, Who has really wanted to go and not been able to get seats eventually?

And along the same lines, who has bought tickets and wound up eating several hundred dollars because they couldn't dump them? F You, Columbus.

While there is a lot of good things about the priority ticket application system, it also leads to a certain degree of hoarding tickets by people who have no intention of going every year, but want to continue to bump up their priority. And this hurts people like Fred and newer fans to the college game.

This is actually the first time I've ever gotten an approval through the lottery, and I've attended all but two FF's since 1998 (missed Providence and St. Paul). Most of the years, I would just piggy-back on someone elses ticket block (thanks, JTW!), and there are almost always a flood of tickets put up for sale when they're mailed out.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 27, 2006 03:53PM

DeltaOne81
And hey, I'll get another '1' added to my score for Detroit :). Get another lucky one sometime between now and then and a wouldn't be bad.

True, and you're lucky in that respect that you're already even a '1' - anybody who goes to Detroit through the lottery who doesn't already have at least a '1' won't be credited at all for it.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 28, 2006 01:34PM

I'm in.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 28, 2006 03:17PM

Jim Hyla
I'm in.
Did you have to throw some candy around...? ;-)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: September 06, 2006 10:39AM

Btw, has anyone else that didn't get tickets gotten their refund yet? Just curious... cause they said around September 1, and, well, its a fair deal past then. I understand it takes a while to show up and there was a holiday weekend in the middle, but I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 07, 2006 06:31PM

We got rejected, but it's only our second year of applying. (We actually received them last year as newbies.)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: September 26, 2006 09:00AM

Just got mine (successful), forwarded from Louisiana, FWIW.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: September 26, 2006 09:48AM

jtwcornell91
Just got mine (successful), forwarded from Louisiana, FWIW.
All things considered, I'll ask if this is the 2007 FF letter or last year's letter. :-P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login