Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

INCH Recruiting Rankings

Posted by Josh '99 
INCH Recruiting Rankings
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: September 12, 2006 05:58PM

Link

Greening checks in as the #10 forward:

Remarkably, the top Canadian on our list checks in at 10. Greening is one of a handful of Cornell forwards who should have an impact, along with Blake Gallagher, Tony Romano and Justin Milo.

Harvard's Doug Rogers, at #17, is the only other ECACer on the list. I'd guess we'll see rankings for defensemen and goalies later in the week.

Re: INCH Recruiting Rankings
Posted by: pfibiger (---.com)
Date: September 13, 2006 12:07PM

related to that, Chris Heisenberg has just ranked the incoming freshman himself based on immediate impact, and Blake Gallagher clocks in at #3 in the group of forwards:

[hockeyrecruits.blogspot.com]

Other ECAC forwards:

#14 Doug Rogers, Harvard
#17 Josh Gilliam, Dartmouth
#18 David McIntyre, Colgate

Defensemen:

#6 Alex Biega, Harvard

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: September 13, 2006 02:18PM

Biega is also the only ECAC player ranked in INCH's list of the top 20 incoming defensemen.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: September 14, 2006 06:51AM

Two ECAC goalies make the list, though Troy Davenport does not. Zach Kleimann, Quinnipiac, and Kain Tisi, St. Lawrence, are in at 5 & 10.

Maybe Troy's not considered "incoming" as he's re-incoming? It would have been nice if he received a mention, particularly since his Des Moines teammate, Brian Foster, checks in at 3. Davenport received moore playing time last year, and deservedly so. He had a better year than Foster and dominated the USHL playoffs. Foster's younger so maybe that played into the ranking as well.

[insidecollegehockey.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2006 06:58AM by ithacat.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 14, 2006 07:34AM

I would have been more at ease if Ben Scrivens had made the list.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: September 14, 2006 01:03PM

Will

From the Big Red Puckhead site (ad: which is absolutely excellent and should be patronized by everybody!), reading between the lines it seemed like Scrivens is a great kid and by no means a traffic cone, but is not The Second Coming of Dryden, or Lenny, or whoever. Then again, McKee flew in completely under everybody's radar.

As was mentioned, they most likely excluded Troy because he's a re-enlist. Guessing also, since he was only out one year, that he took a leave to keep his options open.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 14, 2006 04:11PM

Trotsky
Will

From the Big Red Puckhead site (ad: which is absolutely excellent and should be patronized by everybody!), reading between the lines it seemed like Scrivens is a great kid and by no means a traffic cone, but is not The Second Coming of Dryden, or Lenny, or whoever. Then again, McKee flew in completely under everybody's radar.

Great point about McKee. Who can really tell? The kids play in such different leagues it's difficult to guage where they are in comparison. Right now, given that the pucks aren't flying Scrivens or DiLeo might be as good as Davenport.

Here's some comparative numbers (Davenport/Scrivens centric) from the aforementioned Big Red Puckhead:
[bigredpuckhead.blogspot.com]

I like the Viking Cup numbers. At least from that tournament, it looks like Scrivens and Richter (H------) both outplayed Stalock (#2) and Foster (#3).

As for the lists, nearly 3/4 of the players are from the USHL (16), the NTDP (14), and US HS/Prep (6). Another quirky thing is that the OPJHL and EJHL had 2 kids out of the 40 named to the forward/defensive list, yet had 5 of the 10 goalies.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: September 15, 2006 07:58AM

Cornell's incoming class was ranked #8 overall by INCH. SLU was #`14. [www.insidecollegehockey.com]

[q]Keep an eye on: Colin Greening made our list of top 20 forwards. Three others – Blake Gallagher, Justin Milo and Tony Romano – were on the cusp.[/q]

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hortonpv.ul.warwick.net)
Date: September 15, 2006 11:27AM

Given some of the hype last spring, I'm surprised (but not disappointed) that Harvard didn't make the cut

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 15, 2006 02:37PM

Cornell has unquestionably the best class in the ECAC and I would put it top 5 in the NCAA. This is the best group of forwards Cornell has brought in a long time.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: September 15, 2006 03:27PM

calgARI '07
Cornell has unquestionably the best class in the ECAC and I would put it top 5 in the NCAA. This is the best group of forwards Cornell has brought in a long time.

I want terribly to share the optimism, but I recall when it was just a matter of time until a recruit named Matt Connors would win the Hobey... :-P

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 15, 2006 04:28PM

Trotsky
calgARI '07

I want terribly to share the optimism, but I recall when it was just a matter of time until a recruit named Matt Connors would win the Hobey... :-P

Not sure where all the Connors hype came from but when he put together 18 points in 28 games in the EJHL, I was pretty sure he wouldn't amount to much. Milo put up very impressive goal totals in a very tough league (specifically tough to score goals) while Gallagher put up outstanding goal totals in his league be it not as tough of a league, but impressive all the same. Greening had an excellent offensive season in the BCHL but I'm more excited about his size and play-making ability, something the left side has lacked for a few years. Scali is your typical Cornell player in that he works very hard, is versatile, physical, and has some offense as well. Romano is the big question mark. He put up unreal numbers but he played in a brutal brutal league that is pretty much at the level of Ithaca High School. But he played on the US select team and did very well so I think he definitely has the skill to play at this level. The transition is going to be a lot tougher for him though. Those five forwards bring a lot of offense with some pure goal scorers and some great playmakers along with the blue collar element. This is a very gifted group of forwards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login