Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Holy Cross 4, Minnesota 3, Holy Cow!

Posted by Swampy 
Holy Cross 4, Minnesota 3, Holy Cow!
Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 24, 2006 10:38PM

The subject says it all.

Re: Holy Cross 4, Minnesota 3, Holy Cow!
Posted by: Rita (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: March 24, 2006 10:54PM

Copied from the NCAA first round game thread.....
judy
Rita
pfibiger
Holy Cross Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ding, dong gophers lost, gophers lost
ding, dong gophers lost to holy cross

Repeat all during the gopher off-season!! :-D

Heehee...

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A!
Minnesota!
Minnesota!
Goooooooooo golfing!

Had to be done. :-D

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: March 24, 2006 11:15PM

I apologize to those of you who might see, but I had to do a bit of shit-talking on USCHO. It was so worth whatever crap I take as a result of it. :)

Kyle

Posted by: The Rancor (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 24, 2006 11:32PM

hell yeah.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 09:41AM

Stolen from DeltaOne:

H-O-L-Y-C-R-O-S-S!
HOLY CROSS!
HOLY CROSS!
HEEEEEEEYYYYYY CRUSADERS!

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:32AM

I am not much of an archives-searcher, but if someone wants to steal my idea, feel free to do so:

Every time a Minnesota fan makes an excuse for losing to H-frickin'-C pull up a quote of them calling a Cornell fan a whiner after last year's NCAA OT loss and post it as a reply. Some people will probably have multiple quotes to use.

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2006 10:45AM

ugarte
I am not much of an archives-searcher, but if someone wants to steal my idea, feel free to do so:

Every time a Minnesota fan makes an excuse for losing to H-frickin'-C pull up a quote of them calling a Cornell fan a whiner after last year's NCAA OT loss and post it as a reply. Some people will probably have multiple quotes to use.

hehe...good idea, but maybe save that for if/when we beat CC. If we lose, we'll technically have gone out in the same round as them, even though they lost yesterday .

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 11:08AM

Jason L
ugarte

hehe...good idea, but maybe save that for if/when we beat CC. If we lose, we'll technically have gone out in the same round as them, even though they lost yesterday .

I don't think that's relevant. That point is they were criticizing us for 'whining' after we lost, so if they whine, its hypocrisy.

That said, I'd been quite impressed by the majority of the Minnesota fans being very gracious in defeat. However, no doubt a few of them will deserve it.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 12:26PM

DeltaOne81
I don't think that's relevant. That point is they were criticizing us for 'whining' after we lost, so if they whine, its hypocrisy.

That said, I'd been quite impressed by the majority of the Minnesota fans being very gracious in defeat. However, no doubt a few of them will deserve it.

I haven't seen a lot of whining, just some retaliatory snark where people have been piling on them, and I can't fault them for that.

Who can tell whether that was a landmark win for Atlantic Hockey or a one-off miracle upset? (The Niagara win over UNH doesn't count as a huge upset in my mind -- that was a helluva Niagara team and may even have been favored.)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 25, 2006 01:27PM

Trotsky
Who can tell whether that was a landmark win for Atlantic Hockey or a one-off miracle upset? (The Niagara win over UNH doesn't count as a huge upset in my mind -- that was a helluva Niagara team and may even have been favored.)

Not favored, but less of a surprise because that UHN team was seriously slumping. But it should be noted that that Niagara team got an at-large bid. Of course, HC would have been in line for an at-large bid if they'd lost to Bentley in the AH final, thanks to the silliness of the selection criteria.

I think it's more than a fluke, because BSU and Mercyhurst gave their first-round opponents fits last year as well.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login