Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell webcasts and TV schedule

Posted by billhoward 
Cornell webcasts and TV schedule
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 01:36PM

Am I reading the Big Red multimedia calendar correctly? Basketball vs. Columbia webcast today, but not hockey vs. Clarkson? [allaccess.cstv.com]

Re: Cornell webcasts and TV schedule
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 02:14PM

I don't think the video link usually appears until closer to gametime.

Date: January 21, 2006 02:51PM

The video feed doesn't start until real close to gametime. But information on which games are webcast, that's known and usually posted far in advance, or so I thought. Given a choice between Cornell webcasting all or virtually all home games and this just being an administrative/posting snafu ... and Cornell somehow deciding it won't webcast the second half of this key home weekend series ... I'd go with Cornell just messing up. We'll see.

Turns out it is the former - some webmaster intern maybe forgot to flip a bit. This from the Cornell site [cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

>>> The action begins on Friday evening with live audio and video available for the men's ice hockey team's contest against St. Lawrence at 7 p.m. from Lynah Rink. Cornell will also skate against Clarkson on Saturday at 7 p.m., and both audio and video will be available as well. On Saturday at 3 p.m., the men's basketball team will open its Ivy League home slate against Columbia. You can also watch and/or listen to the broadcast of the game through All-Access. On Sunday, you can watch an exciting top 20 wrestling matchup from Newman Arena when the Big Red plays host to No. 12 Lehigh. The match will begin at 1 p.m.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 04:00PM

billhoward
Am I reading the Big Red multimedia calendar correctly? Basketball vs. Columbia webcast today, but not hockey vs. Clarkson? [allaccess.cstv.com]
And not wrestling against Lehigh? Last year--before All-Access--we got to see the Penn dual meet.

Posted by: ugarte (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 04:06PM

Al DeFlorio
billhoward
And not wrestling against Lehigh? Last year--before All-Access--we got to see the Penn dual meet.
According to CU Athletics, both hockey games, CU-Columbia hoops and CU-Lehigh wrestling will all be available for viewing on All-Access.

Date: January 21, 2006 04:18PM

ugarte
According to CU Athletics, both hockey games, CU-Columbia hoops and CU-Lehigh wrestling will all be available for viewing on All-Access.
Good catch. Thanks.

The webcast does not appear in the "schedule" showing at the upper right on the CornellBigRed.com home page. Guess I didn't really want to hear the Cape Symphony's Brahms 3rd tomorrow afternoon.

The article cited by ugarte goes on to say all remaining home wrestling meets will be videocast--as well as all men's and women's basketball.

Date: January 21, 2006 04:20PM

Parts of the Cornell site said nothing about the webcasts, particularly the lineup grid, while it is mentioned in text postings. I was venting over Cornell's inability to get its story straight after having this fall happily taken my $50 for a year's worth of webcasts.

Date: January 21, 2006 04:32PM

billhoward
Parts of the Cornell site said nothing about the webcasts, particularly the lineup grid, while it is mentioned in text postings. I was venting over Cornell's inability to get its story straight after having this fall happily taken my $50 for a year's worth of webcasts.
Similarly, if you click on the "Watch" link on the home page schedule, it takes you to a webcast schedule page that has no events listed. But, if you click on the specific sport's schedule page, then you get to a webcast schedule page that does have working links. Huh?

Posted by: tmargobigred (---.lndnnh.adelphia.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:01PM

the link is there now at 6:01:-)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:22PM

Anybody else seeing "There was an error. We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persist, please send email to customerservice@website.cstv.com"?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: January 21, 2006 06:38PM

jtwcornell91
Anybody else seeing "There was an error. We apologize for the inconvenience. If the problem persist, please send email to customerservice@website.cstv.com"?
Yes. And the last time I sent an email to that address I got a response after the game was over.

Posted by: kaaren (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:43PM

jtwcornell91

Yes and I just sent them an email asking why. Drat!:-(

LGR!!!

Posted by: Molly (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:46PM

jtwcornell91

I just called them...the guy who answered is going around trying to figure out why (whether it's because of the school sending the link late or because of technical problems). He told me to keep trying periodically and to call back if nothing works by the time game time starts.

Posted by: kaaren (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:49PM

Audio is up as of 6:49. Still no video.

LGR!!!

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:50PM

I still get an error.

Date: January 21, 2006 06:56PM

The error still "persist"

Posted by: abmarks (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:56PM

Her's what i got as an email response.......

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail1.chek.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<customerservice@website.cstv.com>:
This message was not delivered because it would put the
account over quota.

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:58PM

Can get audio but get error like you guys when try video 7:00 :-(

Posted by: A-19 (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 06:58PM

did anyone call customer svc?

Date: January 21, 2006 06:59PM

"Customer service." That's another good one from CSTV.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nrp4.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 07:00PM

I can't get either audio or video.

Date: January 21, 2006 07:00PM

abmarks
This message was not delivered because it would put the
account over quota.

Sounds like CSTV needs to upgrade to Hotmail PLUS.

Posted by: abmarks (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 07:18PM

working fine now

Date: January 21, 2006 08:53PM

Well, if Dr. Skorton has his own call to engagement, let's call for Sustainability of Web Feeds in a Time of Transition.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login