Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Podcast Idea - WVBR

Posted by Jack Cognetta 
Podcast Idea - WVBR
Posted by: Jack Cognetta (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 07:11PM

Elynah Faithful,

You asked for it and you shall receive!

After looking through the message posted about a Cornell hockey podcast, and I think this is a great idea! As the Sports Director at WVBR, I think this is a great opportunity to create a fan-based show about Cornell hockey.

Here is how it will work:

WVBR will hold an audition similar to "Dream Job" for ELynah fans. Those interested in wanting to be on this weekly podcast/Cornell Hockey Show need to email a short position statement to sportswire@wvbr.com indicating their interest.

The deadline to submit your position statement to that email address is by this Sunday, November 6th at 11:59pm.

The WVBR Sports Team will then organize all of the submissions, and ask the interested candidates to come into the WVBR studios for a special audition. You will be asked to write up and deliver a 2-minute report on Cornell Hockey - the content of it is entirely up to you.

WVBR will record all of the auditions and then we will post the audio files on a web site where the ELynah fans can vote for who they think will be best for the weekly podcast/show. Criteria should be based on on-air voice, knowledge of Cornell hockey, and willingness to come and do a podcast every week.

The individual with the most votes will be an on-air personality for the podcast/Cornell Hockey show!

In order for this to work, I need feedback from all of you. Let me know what you like about this, what you don't like, and we can make improvements.

One important thing to keep in mind, the winner of the audition will have to pass the WVBR radio staff test and go through a short training process that should take about an hour in order to be legally cleared to be on the air. The staff test is very simple, and we give you a study guide with all of the questions and answers ahead of time.

Let me know what you think!

Jack
Sports Director, WVBR-FM

Re: Podcast Idea - WVBR
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 07:44PM

This is a great idea and all, but I have one big recommendation: You really need to do this with more than one person.

Date: November 03, 2005 07:54PM

Hey,

The way it would work is, I would be on the show along with two other sportscasters who are very knowledgeable with Cornell hockey from WVBR and then the 4th person would be the ELynah fan - we can even open things up to having two winners if need be - make it a forum of 5 people who can talk about hockey.

I can even arrange to have guest interviews with players and coaches on the show/podcast.

Jack

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: November 03, 2005 08:39PM

What should the position statement consist of?

Date: November 03, 2005 08:42PM

The position statement should briefly state a short bio about yourself, your passion for sports/journalism, and why you are interested in doing the show.

Jack

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 08:58PM

Here's a stupid question: What night of the week would you likely record the podcast/radio show?

Posted by: Jack Cognetta (---.lightlink.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 09:04PM

Hey,

We would record the show every Sunday (early in the afternoon) and it would be available for download that same afternoon. I think this would make the most sense, especially since games are usually Friday and Saturday.

Jack

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 03, 2005 10:08PM

Jack, just a suggestion based on previous experience with this crowd: Don't set up a web-based voting system. :-D

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jbeaber1998 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2005 11:58PM

Jack, Thanks! I definitely think it would be great. I wish I was still up there and had the ability to be involved. Please let us all help by putting the auditions up on the site. I would love to be able to be involved from California! Thanks again!

-John

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 04, 2005 04:18AM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

Jack, just a suggestion based on previous experience with this crowd: Don't set up a web-based voting system.

Beeeej[/q]

Hey! Lenny got those 85% fair & square! :-D

Date: November 04, 2005 10:40AM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

A couple of quick things - do you guys really think it will be a problem to have fans vote on the site? Do you think it will become more of a popularity contest than a competition about who will be best for the show?

Also, John, what I was envisioning was that we set up a new web site, uploaded everyone's audition files, and include a poll where people could vote for who they thought was best. What do you think?

Jack

Posted by: jbeaber1998 (---.MCB.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: November 04, 2005 03:30PM

That sounds great! Just keep usposted. You will have no lack of people interested in critiquing others around here :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login