Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Best place to wait?

Posted by Doug 
Best place to wait?
Posted by: Doug (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 23, 2005 02:59AM

Where do you guys plan on waiting for the announcement? Somewhere on central? Personally, I am thinking chapter house (lol), but I was just curious to what you all thought.

Re: Best place to wait?
Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: September 23, 2005 08:04AM

[Q]Doug Wrote:
Personally, I am thinking chapter house (lol)...[/q]

That would be one hell of a run uphill...

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.rgv.res.rr.com)
Date: September 23, 2005 08:35AM

Exhibit A in What's Wrong With This Year's Ticket Procedure right here.

(Not that you're wrong to ask, Doug, but the fact that this is an important strategy question is ridiculous.)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: douglass (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 23, 2005 09:34AM

doug, honestly that is the worst place to wait. go there, but prepared not to get tickets. wait in riley rob.

Posted by: sen '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 23, 2005 01:34PM

Robb has two "b"s....just so ya know

Posted by: Doug (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 23, 2005 03:05PM

Riley-Robb is all the way at the vet school... I was thinking more central campus....

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: September 23, 2005 04:24PM

It's just on the other end of Alumni Fields from Bartels and Lynah. Willard Straight is just as far and everything is downhill from Riley-Robb. Of course this distance only makes sense if they give out numbers near one of the atheletic facilities and not further down the hill.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2005 04:26PM by cth95.

Posted by: MB (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2005 12:48PM

Can we get PE credit for running for tickets?:-D

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 25, 2005 01:17PM

[Q]MB Wrote: Can we get PE credit for running for tickets? [/q]

I got one of my PE credits for being the marching band's PA announcer, so it's not as absurd a question as you may think. :-D

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Pace (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 03:24AM

It is a crazy ass procedure when one's placement is so important. In a sense, it's almost no different than a lottery. Well, at least as far as the first 50 line numbers go. During Saturday and Sunday nights our group drove and walked around a lot, looking at where people are waiting and whatnot. Heh, we even mapped it (yeah, we're bored). The conclusion is that while there are a few high concentration areas, people are also extremelly spread out. I've seen people waiting well inside the Vet Quad, while others seem to be convinced the line numbers will be handed out on Arts Quad.

So, with people so spread out, no matter where they hand out the numbers, the first 50 people will simply have gotten lucky to have bet on the correct spot to be waiting. We have a spot. We think it's a great one. If our bet is right, we're in the first 10. Does it mean we're the most die-hard fans? Not really. Just means we're lucky. And that's the problem with this system. It shouldn't be about luck.

Posted by: that loud guy with the hair (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 07:34PM

Yo Beeeej,

That's me this year. I already got both my P.E. credits in massage though. Definitely don't have any complaints there. B-]

- Ryan

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.public.uconn.edu)
Date: September 26, 2005 08:34PM

[Q]Pace Wrote:
\I've seen people waiting well inside the Vet Quad, while others seem to be convinced the line numbers will be handed out on Arts Quad.
[/q]

Given that the distribution is at night, I'd say it limits it to well lit and/or indoor spaces. Think newman, barton, and shoellkopf. I also can't imagine distribution would be far from the athletics facilities. Hell, it might even be *gasp* the ticket office. Anywhere Gene and his cornies would look out of place waiting for the announcement would create a pre-rush so the arts quad is probably out.

Under the Schoellkopf scoreboard would make for a dramatic foot race (isn't that what this is all about?), and Gene and co. could sneak back there pretty easily from Kite Hill or the parking garage. It'd be especially dramatic if it were tomorrow night during marching band rehearsal.

Of course, stalking Gene may be your best option.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 26, 2005 08:48PM

[Q]Chris '03 Wrote:

Pace Wrote:
\I've seen people waiting well inside the Vet Quad, while others seem to be convinced the line numbers will be handed out on Arts Quad.
[/Q]
Given that the distribution is at night, I'd say it limits it to well lit and/or indoor spaces. Think newman, barton, and shoellkopf. I also can't imagine distribution would be far from the athletics facilities. Hell, it might even be *gasp* the ticket office. Anywhere Gene and his cornies would look out of place waiting for the announcement would create a pre-rush so the arts quad is probably out.

Under the Schoellkopf scoreboard would make for a dramatic foot race (isn't that what this is all about?), and Gene and co. could sneak back there pretty easily from Kite Hill or the parking garage. It'd be especially dramatic if it were tomorrow night during marching band rehearsal.

Of course, stalking Gene may be your best option. [/q]
Gah, the drum major's already injured. Not the rest of the band too...

Date: September 26, 2005 10:18PM

They still making you run the scripts by Athletics in advance? I'm afraid that was the fault of the guy I helped pick to succeed me; he knew how to be funny and rude (well, rude, anyway), but had no idea where to draw the line.

Probably won't make it to a game to hear you this year. Good luck pissing off the other Ivies! :-)

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 02:41AM

I'd say the best place to wait would have to be just outside the Ramin room in the corridor...just a hunch. Wow. What an unfortunate night for so many of us. If your night was even more unfortunate than #1500, I would highly suggest joining the pepband, becoming a varsity hockey player/coach/parent, and going to as many away games as you possibly can. The truest faithful find themselves and each other beyond Lynah, in time and distance. Great Big Red hockey moments occur when the stakes are higher on "neutral," foreign ice; there's nothing like a good story on how you got through your best or worst trip ever.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 27, 2005 09:43AM

Unfortunately, since they "forgot about the pep band seats," the unlucky ended at about 1410 or so. Not pleased.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: September 27, 2005 11:14AM

[Q]Ack Wrote:
going to as many away games as you possibly can. The truest faithful find themselves and each other beyond Lynah, in time and distance. Great Big Red hockey moments occur when the stakes are higher on "neutral," foreign ice; there's nothing like a good story on how you got through your best or worst trip ever.[/q]

Sophomore year, I didn't have a seat. When I could, I stood (perched) behind the railing above C, with an effective view of 15% of the ice. But what really made me a fan was going on the road. The Harvard-Dartmouth road trip (first incarnation, Army edition) converted Cornell hockey from a casual activity to an unhealthy obsession.

Travel narrows the mind. ;-)

Date: September 27, 2005 09:15PM

"Travel lets us leave behind our unrealistic prejudices about other places and the people who live there, and develop new, more realistic prejudices based on their actual inferiorities."
- Dennis Miller

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login