Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Tickets?

Posted by Jimmy 
Tickets?
Posted by: Jimmy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2005 04:50PM

Am I the only one who thinks it feels like information for the line is really late this year? I mean tickets were already sold on this weekend 2 years ago, and the information for the line was at least available last year. Info has to come out sometime this week...right?

Re: Tickets?
Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.88.---)
Date: September 18, 2005 04:57PM

It is definitely late. I'm guessing that they might not be giving any sort of warning this year to further weed out the facetimers. It has to be next weekend or the weekend after.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 18, 2005 05:56PM

I feel like disaster is about to strike.

Posted by: Robb (---.losaca.adelphia.net)
Date: September 18, 2005 06:10PM

****Warning - Unsubstantiated Rumor Coming Up****

My undergrad cousins have heard a rumor that they may allow each student to buy only one ticket. Completely unsubstantiated - but that certainly would cut down on the facetimers!

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 18, 2005 06:32PM

Well, you'd sort of have to hope that's the kind of thing they'd announce in advance of the line-up, 'cause otherwise it's going to create Yet Another Angry Mob (tm) out of a hockey ticket line. The time to find out you can't buy a second seat adjacent to yours for your fiancee/sibling/best friend/chewtoy is not when you get on line and they're in class/in the hospital/in Belgium.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: scott (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 18, 2005 08:00PM

or have it the weekend of the red-white game and have everyone in line go to the game...which would be an awesome idea

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 18, 2005 08:34PM

Last year we selected the tickets on Saturday Oct. 1st (I'm fairly sure that is correct). I remember it was the weekend before I got sacked with a number of prelims. So if last year is any indication I don't think it's very late. However, If Athletics doesn't post some sort of info in the next few days I'm going to get rather nervous.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.citlabs.cornell.edu)
Date: September 18, 2005 09:27PM

Hah, perhaps they'll just get rid of the student season ticket system altogether and make people wait in line every Friday morning for tickets. That would be awesome. :-P

Posted by: calgARI '07 (209.2.88.---)
Date: September 18, 2005 09:41PM

[Q]Section A Banshee Wrote:

Hah, perhaps they'll just get rid of the student season ticket system altogether and make people wait in line every Friday morning for tickets. That would be awesome.[/q]

I honestly think that is what they should do.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 18, 2005 09:56PM

I agree...Plus I think they should issue general admission tickets. This would reward those who show up early and force students to, at the very least, show up on time for once. The only issue is leaving your seat during periods--there is no way to ensure it will be open/available when you get back.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 18, 2005 10:43PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

I agree...Plus I think they should issue general admission tickets. This would reward those who show up early and force students to, at the very least, show up on time for once. The only issue is leaving your seat during periods--there is no way to ensure it will be open/available when you get back.[/q]

Only facetimers leave their seats for any reason! :-P

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.citlabs.cornell.edu)
Date: September 18, 2005 11:19PM

[Q]redhair34 Wrote:

I agree...Plus I think they should issue general admission tickets. This would reward those who show up early and force students to, at the very least, show up on time for once. The only issue is leaving your seat during periods--there is no way to ensure it will be open/available when you get back.[/q]
Watch the pep band slowly expand to fill all of section A...

Posted by: dafein (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 18, 2005 11:21PM

Just to refresh my memory, where were the line numbers distributed last year? I never made it all the way there because I was on crutches at the time. I started crutching from North and I made it halfway across the bridge to Central when I got a call from a friend who said that he had gotten a line number for me.

Posted by: dair2 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: September 18, 2005 11:32PM

Line numbers last year were given out in the parking lot behind lynah and bartels, right by Morisson*.

Date: September 19, 2005 12:45AM

[Q]Will Wrote:
redhair34 Wrote: I agree...Plus I think they should issue general admission tickets. This would reward those who show up early and force students to, at the very least, show up on time for once. The only issue is leaving your seat during periods--there is no way to ensure it will be open/available when you get back.[/Q]
Only facetimers leave their seats for any reason![/q]

Real fans have emergency bladder surgery every April.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: September 19, 2005 12:47AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a combination of general admission tickets and a weekly lineup instead of a season ticket lineup more or less what they did in the 1960s and 70s?

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: September 19, 2005 07:03AM

[Q]Beeeej Wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a combination of general admission tickets and a weekly lineup instead of a season ticket lineup more or less what they did in the 1960s and 70s?

Beeeej[/q]
Through the 1965-6 season, students showed up the night of the game with their CUAA coupon book (I think you could buy a single-game ticket as well, but can't recall for sure) and were admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. I think the doors opened at least an hour before game time, and people were waiting in line well before that. I believe the whole rink was general admission.

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: September 19, 2005 10:44AM

In my era, about half the rink was General Admission (the A-G side) and the remainder season tickets. Doors opened an hour and half before the game and there'd be a stampede for the seats. I was a general admission guy as a freshman, not knowing about season tickets. The rest of my time, I had season tickets, and it seemed like the problems were similar to today - when does the line start, how are line checks done, etc. Typically the lines lasted 3 days, but they let us sleep on line in Barton Hall and people would actually bring in mattresses.
Even a large majority (it seemed like the place was full) of the season ticket holders would be in the seats when the team first came out for warm-ups to give them a loud ovation. Season tickets were by section and row but not seat number, so people would get there early to get their preferred spot.

Date: September 19, 2005 04:15PM

[Q]jkahn Wrote:
Even a large majority (it seemed like the place was full) of the season ticket holders would be in the seats when the team first came out for warm-ups to give them a loud ovation.[/q]
I forget when they changed the timing of the warm-up, but in the '60s the teams came out about 20-25 minutes before game time, warmed up, and then the game started without resurfacing the ice. You didn't have the 15-20 minutes of dead time while the ice was being resurfaced after warm-ups.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: September 19, 2005 04:43PM

[q]I forget when they changed the timing of the warm-up, but in the '60s the teams came out about 20-25 minutes before game time, warmed up, and then the game started without resurfacing the ice. You didn't have the 15-20 minutes of dead time while the ice was being resurfaced after warm-ups.[/q]I didn't know that. Makes it a little easier to understand why so many fewer people show up for warmups these days (general admission/reserved probably has a lot to do with it to).

There's still absolutely no excuse for not being there when the teams come out for the opening faceoff, particularly if you're a student.

Date: September 19, 2005 05:04PM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

I forget when they changed the timing of the warm-up, but in the '60s the teams came out about 20-25 minutes before game time, warmed up, and then the game started without resurfacing the ice. You didn't have the 15-20 minutes of dead time while the ice was being resurfaced after warm-ups.[/Q]
Makes it a little easier to understand why so many fewer people show up for warmups these days...[/q]
On the other hand, when you showed up 90 minutes before game time--as Jeff described above--you sat for an hour in a dark rink waiting for something to happen--like the lights going on and the teams coming out of the locker room

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login