Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

BAN FACETIMER

Posted by Harrier 
BAN FACETIMER
Posted by: Harrier (209.150.239.---)
Date: April 01, 2005 02:03PM

Can we just get rid of this pansy in the e-lynah forum?
He brings nothing at all to the table except meaningless, senseless rants about Schaf.
What is his deal, did he get cut, no tryout, or just another hopless gym-jock that wants to tear a real sports acheiver down? Anyone know?
Or better yet FACETIMER tell us who you are pussyhole and we'll take out our frustrations of listening to your bitching in person.
However, we are not willing to make a special trip to find you at the common ground fag!

Re: BAN FACETIMER
Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 02:08PM

Not that there's anything wrong with...

oh never mind.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 01, 2005 02:23PM

Harrier, you're just feeding his facetiming ways by calling him out like that. Just let him be.

Re: BAN FACETIMER II
Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2005 02:27PM

just as an fyi ... look closely and you'll see the screen name was FACETIME II for the latest topic. good ol'facetimer hasn't been as annoying as say ... RichS rolleyes
in fact, this past season FT has been pretty damn funny and on point about most things posted. that's just my opinion.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: April 01, 2005 02:59PM

He was annoying at first when we thought he was serioous. Now it's obvious it's all a bit, so I dont think people mind him anymore.

Posted by: Facetimer (---.toddweld.com)
Date: April 01, 2005 02:59PM

[Q]Harrier Wrote:

Or better yet FACETIMER tell us who you are pussyhole and we'll take out our frustrations of listening to your bitching in person.[/q]

Isn't pussyhole redundant?

In any event Facetimer is a registered user and shouldn't be confused with any copycat. I don't like Schafer, but I don't joke about his death. Phil Graham on the other hand ...

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: April 01, 2005 03:29PM

A lot of Forums requires users to register with a verifiable e-mail address to which a password gets mailed back. Perhaps a procedure like that would stop some of this nonsense.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: April 01, 2005 03:50PM

It's really not that bad here. And it would be less of a problem if people didn't feed the trolls, but a lot of posters who actually contribute useful content prefer to remain anonymous. Unless it gets really out of hand, I don't anticipate changing anything.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 04:16PM

Every once in a while the subject of this conversation says something so outrageous it's thought-provoking. Not the usual Schafer can't coach, O'Bryne can't stickhandle, Topher can't dunk, Underhill-then-LeNeveu-now-McKee can't make the big save, etcetera BS.

Such as, well, it's hard to remember, but twice in the past couple weeks something he posted was so far out in left field that it actually was breathtakingly lucid. Holmes praised Watson saying that while Watson was invariable wrong, his missteps illuminated the proper path. So too here. I think that's why our language has the phrase "idiot savant."

Also, is there ever an injustice so horrible it cannot be remedied with upper-lower case subject lines?

Posted by: Facetimer (---.toddweld.com)
Date: April 01, 2005 04:20PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

Every once in a while the subject of this conversation says something so outrageous it's thought-provoking. Not the usual Schafer can't coach, O'Bryne can't stickhandle, Topher can't dunk, Underhill-then-LeNeveu-now-McKee can't make the big save, etcetera BS.

Such as, well, it's hard to remember, but twice in the past couple weeks something he posted was so far out in left field that it actually was breathtakingly lucid. Holmes praised Watson saying that while Watson was invariable wrong, his missteps illuminated the proper path. So too here. I think that's why our language has the phrase "idiot savant."

Also, is there ever an injustice so horrible it cannot be remedied with upper-lower case subject lines?

[/q]

Maybe we should ban Billhoward

Posted by: Beeeej (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 01, 2005 10:26PM

Oh, yeah, Harrier, you're definitely an improvement over Facetimer. rolleyes

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

My Response
Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2005 02:58AM

In response to Harrier's post about who facetimer really is,

facetimer submitted his posting from the IP: 205.232.75.---
elf.elynah.com IP address is: 64.246.60.117
Since E-Lynah doesn't disclose the last three digits of the user's IP address, this is a bit more tricky.
That 205.232.75.--- block of IP address has been assigned to Danica Computing, Incorporated. They're a local ISP and they have a switchboard in Ithaca.
It would be difficult to obtain information on the connections that ever happened between 64.246.60.117 and 205.232.75.--- by legal means.
Well we know that he posted on 4/1/05 at 12:45pm (as well as other specific dates and times).
I guess you could try calling the tech department of Danica, ask to speak with the switchboard technician or someone who can access the traffic log and ask for the last 3 digits of the IP address of the user in the 205.232.75.xxx block that connected to 64.246.60.117 on 4/1/05 at 12:45pm. Give him the specific time and date of other posts too. Tell him you've been trying to figure out an abusive, annoying user of Elynah forum. He'll understand that you've done some research, you have all these info and you're serious about this. You'll be talking to a technician dude who troubleshoot servers and machines all day. He's not customer service and he doesn't get to interact with customers much. So when a troubled customer requests to speak to him specifically on a bright sunny day, he might feel like being helpful. If the guy helps out in providing those last IP digits, then bingo. Note that this is not illegal because you'll only be using the information that is readily available to the public.

Once you have the IP address, you can use any of the online services to look up the location. All you have to do is google "IP location" and you'll find lots of websites that can help you look him up. You'd probably have to pay for these services.

If you cannot get the last part of his IP address from Danica tech person, then the brute force way to do it would be to punch in all the 255 possibilities of the last three digits:
Most of the 255 possibilities are not going to exist. I would say the hit percentage would be 10% max. If you have enough time, you can trace all the hits and look up all those locations (will cost lots of money!), then simply go door-to-door and figure out who facetimer is by process of elimination. You can ask people if they use Elynah and if they do, do they ever post under the name of "facetimer." If the guy has the "oh shit" look on his face, that's probably him. this is probably mildly illegal cause you're gonna cause disturbance to a lot of people.

In reality, who's really gonna put in the time and money to do that?

There might be another way to figure out his identity, but I'm not going to discuss because this post is already long enough. Also because on the scale of 1 to illegal, it would be very illegal.

Posted by: JDeafv (---.howard01.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2005 11:15AM

Magically, the car accident thread vanished. Thanks Age.

:-P

Re: My Response
Posted by: Facetimer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 02, 2005 01:53PM

[Q]Oat Wrote:

In response to Harrier's post about who facetimer really is,

facetimer submitted his posting from the IP: 205.232.75.---
elf.elynah.com IP address is: 64.246.60.117
Since E-Lynah doesn't disclose the last three digits of the user's IP address, this is a bit more tricky.
That 205.232.75.--- block of IP address has been assigned to Danica Computing, Incorporated. They're a local ISP and they have a switchboard in Ithaca.
It would be difficult to obtain information on the connections that ever happened between 64.246.60.117 and 205.232.75.--- by legal means.
Well we know that he posted on 4/1/05 at 12:45pm (as well as other specific dates and times).
I guess you could try calling the tech department of Danica, ask to speak with the switchboard technician or someone who can access the traffic log and ask for the last 3 digits of the IP address of the user in the 205.232.75.xxx block that connected to 64.246.60.117 on 4/1/05 at 12:45pm. Give him the specific time and date of other posts too. Tell him you've been trying to figure out an abusive, annoying user of Elynah forum. He'll understand that you've done some research, you have all these info and you're serious about this. You'll be talking to a technician dude who troubleshoot servers and machines all day. He's not customer service and he doesn't get to interact with customers much. So when a troubled customer requests to speak to him specifically on a bright sunny day, he might feel like being helpful. If the guy helps out in providing those last IP digits, then bingo. Note that this is not illegal because you'll only be using the information that is readily available to the public.

Once you have the IP address, you can use any of the online services to look up the location. All you have to do is google "IP location" and you'll find lots of websites that can help you look him up. You'd probably have to pay for these services.

If you cannot get the last part of his IP address from Danica tech person, then the brute force way to do it would be to punch in all the 255 possibilities of the last three digits:
Most of the 255 possibilities are not going to exist. I would say the hit percentage would be 10% max. If you have enough time, you can trace all the hits and look up all those locations (will cost lots of money!), then simply go door-to-door and figure out who facetimer is by process of elimination. You can ask people if they use Elynah and if they do, do they ever post under the name of "facetimer." If the guy has the "oh shit" look on his face, that's probably him. this is probably mildly illegal cause you're gonna cause disturbance to a lot of people.

In reality, who's really gonna put in the time and money to do that?

There might be another way to figure out his identity, but I'm not going to discuss because this post is already long enough. Also because on the scale of 1 to illegal, it would be very illegal.[/q]

Detective Oat:

Maybe an easier way to find out who I am would be to ask the people who know me. This would be much easier and would register a 1 on the "1 to illegal" scale. Or better yet, ask Age -- he knows me.

Re: My Response
Posted by: Oat (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: April 02, 2005 02:39PM

lol good point!!! forgot about that one! B-]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login