Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 3 Ohio State 2, Postgame Thread

Posted by Trotsky 
Cornell 3 Ohio State 2, Postgame Thread
Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 02:26AM

I watched in DC @ the Hyatt (thanks to Josh and all who organized it).

A great comeback, composed of equal portions drive, skill, and luck. The three CU goals were each distinct and representative of things Cornell has done especially well this season: firepower from the blueline, ESPesque connections between longtime linemates, and... the clincher... Joblike Patience.

A Great Win!

Re: Cornell 3 Ohio State 2, Postgame Thread
Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 02:34AM

Longtime linemates?? screwy How about twins?? It was Cam Abbott to Chris Abbott for the score (2nd and tying goal). Thank goodness for the twins, I'd say. :-D

I must say that all three goals were of the pretty variety: Doug Krantz's blast redeemed his earlier penalty and the resulting second goal for OSU. The Abbott-to-Abbott for an easy tap-in. The aerobatic Iggulden sliding the puck around OSU's goalie Dave Caruso was a thing of beauty.

I'd dare say that the Olympics-sized ice of the Mariucci ice rink had an effect on the Big Red. However, they came out fired up in the second period and were still undetered after OSU's second goal. 18 seconds later, the freshman Krantz made it 1-2 and started the momentum shift in Cornell's favor. Somehow, this team does not get down on itself and has consistently been able to dig deep despite falling behind.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 02:39AM

Easy tap in? The guy was all over Chris. He just put his stick down on the ice and it was some skill, but probably mostly luck, the the puck hit his stick and went in. It was an awesome connection, a lotta luck, but awesome to watch.

And I just did watch it again on ESPNU ;)

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 02:41AM

[Q]CU at Stanford Wrote:
Longtime linemates?? How about twins??[/q]
The idea being that while this time it was the Abbotts, the general phenomenon through the year has been clutch production from experienced pairings.

We missed the first ten minutes due to broadcast issues and Harvard's inability to lose in regulation. Was Cornell significantly outplayed? OSU was getting to the lion's share of the loose pucks in the final ten minutes of the first, but by then at least the Red were hitting, playing good position, and doing all the grinding, workmanlike stuff they seemingly have done to everybody this calendar year.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 02:54AM

Amazing game and the Faithful shutdown eLynah! That Iggy goal is going to be a classic if we can advance to the FF; great determination! Just got home from celebrating ...time to get ready for the real test in 12 hours! Night!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2005 09:42AM by atb9.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.housing.hawaii.edu)
Date: March 27, 2005 03:30AM

the team really looked uncomfortable when the broadcast finally picked the game up, and i thought we were in for a long few periods when OSU went up 2-0. But then Krantz scored what seemed like immediately after to bring it to 2-1 and completely swung momentum. They seemed much more relaxed and it showed in the Abbotts connecting not too long after.

And what can you say about Iggy, he was on the ice for the full 2:00 killing that OSU powerplay then got a pretty clean break on Caruso. He had nothing left in the tank so he fired of a wrister, but he still didn't rush off the ice and Moulson found him all alone for his 6th game winner. That's one long shift, but what a sweet one it was! :-D

And I can't forget Mckee, who many think doesn't see enough shots to be a good playoff goalie, looking just fine stopping 34. You can't really fault him for the Maiani goal either, not much he could do there.

Posted by: tvset (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 07:56AM

Hi,

Last year, We seemed to lack a definitive leadership . But this year the seniors really stepped up collectively as LEADERS . God Bless our seniors !!!!!

Good Luck against Minnesota !!!!!!!!

Tom

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:00AM

OK,
On my way to church and did a quick search and didn't find a hit.

Did we get the cowbell back from security?
I saw a post on USCHO that said the police confiscated the bell.! twitch :`(

Posted by: judy (63.85.108.---)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:16AM

no.
we're still short a cowbell.

people have been searching minny last night for some quickie replacement cowbells. no luck. they took the cowbell but not the beater.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2005 09:17AM by judy.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:34AM

did anyone else get a laugh out of the tv broadcasters who, after osu's 2nd goal, said that cornell needed to "change its whole mindset"? bull. if they had just read a little bit about this team, they would know that cornell is where it is because of their work ethic, their patience and their commitment to defense. with the way they play, they will get opportunites, they just need to capitalize on them. and then krantz scored. sweet. and then the abbotts (and john gleed) hooked up for the 2nd goal... even sweeter. after cornell killed that penalty for 2 whole minutes a spent iggy scored that goal, i kind of knew that was it for osu.

I too missed the first period waiting for someone, anyone, from the unh-harvard game to score.

I tried to share these thoughts last night, but couldn't get into elynah. just under 5 hrs to the opening face-off... i can't wait.

let's go red!!!

Posted by: 2tkCornell (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:47AM

How many GWG is that for Iggy this season.?

This guy is Mr. Clutch.

Posted by: jaybert (---.atlsfl.adelphia.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:52AM

6 out of 10 I believe.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 09:58AM

[Q]Rita Wrote:
I too missed the first period waiting for someone, anyone, from the unh-harvard game to score.
[/q]
Equally annoying was having a power outage that blacked out everything about two minutes after Iggulden's goal. Couldn't stand it anymore, so I finally called Jim Hyla's wife to get the final score.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 10:30AM

[Q]judy Wrote:

no.
we're still short a cowbell.

people have been searching minny last night for some quickie replacement cowbells. no luck. they took the cowbell but not the beater.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/27/05 09:17AM by judy.[/q]

I still can't believe this. I was complaining about OSU beating their cowbell during play all game. And then they take away Cornell's cowbell? Crazy. The probably didn't take OSU's cowbell because they ain't playing tomorrow. What a shame.

Posted by: rstott (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 11:00AM

McKee had no chance on the second OSU goal. I reran the tape and you can see the puck deflect off Iggulden's stick.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2005 11:35AM

If you find cowbells, buy 2!

And don't count on seeing the end of the third period.

:-D

Posted by: judy (63.85.108.---)
Date: March 27, 2005 11:41AM

anyone know of a place to buy a few cowbells in minny that's open on easter sunday? help

Date: March 27, 2005 11:43AM

Al, where are you? if i was anywhere near wchu's broadcast range i would have been in the car.
Or i would have been in my car with my laptop until i found a town/location with power and "unsecured" wi-fi access. Of course this would have been done while i was screaming at the top of my lungs about how unfair this was and how some heads are going to roll.

here's hoping the power stays on all day today.

Posted by: RedAR (63.85.108.---)
Date: March 27, 2005 11:45AM

can you guys cozy up to the osu band, and buy their cowbell from them?

Date: March 27, 2005 11:46AM

What about the mall of america? I heard they got everything.... i can't believe a major mall would be closed all day on sunday easter or not.

any way ari can improvise with some of the band equipment?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 11:48AM

[Q]Rita Wrote:

Al, where are you? if i was anywhere near wchu's broadcast range i would have been in the car.
[/q]
Cape Cod, Rita. And no wireless laptop.

Posted by: jaybert (---.atlsfl.adelphia.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 11:49AM

why not just a empty coffee can and bang the end of it? wont be as loud but it should do the trick!!

Posted by: KP '06 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2005 12:25PM

If Ari just goes and stands in the middle of the band when he does it, would that make him part of the band? screwy

I doubt our drummers brought anything cowbell-like, so here's hoping someone in MN finds something close enough!

Posted by: calgARI '07 (204.73.177.---)
Date: March 27, 2005 12:32PM

Age did the cowbell yesterday so it was his that was taken. I will bring mine today and give it to him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login