Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Watch the Game in NYC Ship of Fools

Posted by Jeremy Rosen 
Watch the Game in NYC Ship of Fools
Posted by: Jeremy Rosen (---.knighttrading.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 04:56PM

Just got off the phone with the owner of Ship of Fools (82nd and 2nd) - he offered us the back room of his bar (holds about 50/60 people) to watch the game. He is eager to help us because other cornell games have been shown there and he loves our enthusiastic fans. He does not charge anything extra for reseving the room, however he wants an assurance that we are going to spend money while we are there. As a very rough estimate he is looking for $40 a person spent on food/drinks (assuming we are a group of 40). I am going to get in touch with the alumni association for help. Knowing myself I'll spend $40 before the end of the 1st period, but I dont want to speak for the group. Please let me know if you are interested so that I can book the room. There are about 10 people in my group and all are willing to spend the $40.

Re: Watch the Game in NYC Ship of Fools
Posted by: Josh 03 (---.rtp.epa.gov)
Date: March 22, 2005 05:02PM

[Q]Jeremy Rosen Wrote:

As a very rough estimate he is looking for $40 a person spent on food/drinks (assuming we are a group of 40).[/q]

Sheesh! If I ever needed a reminder of why I'm glad I'm not in NYC anymore!

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 06:24PM

I may be in NYC, so I'd be there, but forgive a naive midwesterner for asking - people routinely spend $40 in one evening at a NYC sports bar? Geez.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 06:31PM

[Q]Avash '05 Wrote:
I may be in NYC, so I'd be there, but forgive a naive midwesterner for asking - people routinely spend $40 in one evening at a NYC sports bar? Geez.[/q]Not routinely, although I guess it's not out of the question. Share an order of wings with a friend and get yourself a burger, buy two pitchers over the course of a night, and you're approaching $40. Ship of Fools is one of the only places I know of that has minimums. They do the same thing if you want to reserve a table during football games on Sundays in the fall. I guess it's a reasonable alternative to having to pay to reserve a private room, anyway.

Posted by: Lowell '99 (---.c3-0.avec-ubr13.nyr-avec.ny.cable.r)
Date: March 22, 2005 07:46PM

Great bar, great pub grub, and a bar that's helped us out a bunch of times in the past (although never explicitly with a minimum). Well worth.

Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2005 11:53PM

Count me in with one other person...so that's 2 more that will happily spend $40 per person since it's a heckuva lot less then airline tickets to MN.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 12:06AM

I'll be there, but do we have confirmation that the good Ship is actually receiving the game feed?

Posted by: PRR94 (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2005 10:31AM

[Q]Greenberg '97 Wrote:

I'll be there, but do we have confirmation that the good Ship is actually receiving the game feed?[/q]

Yes - can anyone confirm that Ship of Fools gets the Altitude network?

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (146.203.15.---)
Date: March 23, 2005 11:01AM

[Q]praje Wrote:

Greenberg '97 Wrote:

I'll be there, but do we have confirmation that the good Ship is actually receiving the game feed?[/Q]
Yes - can anyone confirm that Ship of Fools gets the Altitude network?[/q]

Thanks for the bump B-]

Posted by: Beeeej (68.160.255.---)
Date: March 23, 2005 11:24AM

And not just the Altitude Network, but Altitude Alternate.

Jeremy? Do we really have confirmation?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jeremy (---.knighttrading.com)
Date: March 23, 2005 11:47AM

ill find out for sure today after 3pm - yest the ower was confident they would have the game - he has several satelites and services to get games...

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (146.203.15.---)
Date: March 23, 2005 02:34PM

[Q]jeremy Wrote:

ill find out for sure today after 3pm - yest the ower was confident they would have the game - he has several satelites and services to get games...[/q]

He sounds pretty confident. But to be safe, I don't think I'll order my first plate of wings until I actually see the puck drop.

Posted by: jeremy (---.knighttrading.com)
Date: March 23, 2005 04:31PM

AS OF WED AT 4:30 SHIP OF FOOLS CAN NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE GAME WILL BE BROADCAST AT THE BAR - AS MANY HAVE DISCUSSED ON THIS WEBSITE THE GAME IS SHOWN ONLY ON ALTITUDE ALTERNATE WHICH IS INCORRECTLY LISTED AS DIRECT TV CHANNEL 658. I APOLOGISE FOR MISLEADING THOSE OF YOU WHO WERE SET ON GOING TO SHIP OF FOOLS ON SATURDAY. TRUST ME I AM AS DISAPPOINTED AS ALL OF YOU. IF THINGS CHANGE AND THE GAME IS ABLE TO BE SEEN I WILL DO MY BEST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW. GO RED!

-JEREMY

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.211.204.68.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 11:30AM

Isn't the game going to be on ESPN U? That's a standard Direct TV channel, if that's the case.... if they get it, I will be there with 2 others. Keep us updated, and find another spot if necessary (Minnesota plans fell through)

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 12:21PM

IIRC the game will be tape delayed on ESPNU - shown latish in the evening when it will certainly clash with bball.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: March 24, 2005 12:42PM

[CROSS-POSTED FROM THE OTHER SHIP OF FOOLS VIEWING THREAD]

Has anybody given thought to simply waiting for the ESPN-U tape delay showing (I believe it's at 12:30 am), and having a gathering then? That's if you don't find any place in the city to view the game live.

I realize it would be at a rather late hour and it's an awful feeling waiting around to watch a game that you know is already in the books, but there would be no competition with NCAA basketball, you'd "own" the place at that hour, and I'm sure SOF (or any sports bar) would be thrilled to have a crowd like that whooping it up with beer and food flowing through 2:30-3 am.

I would imagine it would be a pretty unique experience gathering of dozens of Faithful, not knowing the result of the game (this may be the hardest part...having a roomful of people, and making sure nothing is leaked), and watching it as if it were live. And then, hockey gods willing, you get to come back 12 hours later and do it all over again!

I dunno what you think -- maybe I just proposed the dumbest idea ever -- but I just thought it might be a neat alternative for you guys if there's a lot of trouble finding a place to watch the game on TV.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 24, 2005 12:50PM

Just to play devil's advocate here...what time is last call in NYC?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2005 01:24PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate here...what time is last call in NYC?[/q]

Most bars close a 4 AM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login