Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

"Tuesday at the Rink" with Adam Wodon

Posted by atb9 
"Tuesday at the Rink" with Adam Wodon
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:49AM

[www.collegesports.com]

Andrew (Minneapolis): OK Adam, pressures on.... Who is your frozen four? Who is your national champion? Oh and for the hard one, who the MVP?

Adam Wodon: Last time I picked against Cornell - so as not to jinx them - they almost disowned me ... so I won't make that mistake again. I did pick Michigan at the beginning of the year, but I have no confidence right now in that happening. I'll just say that I love Denver, Wisconsin and CC, and I am not counting out Minnesota by any stretch of the imagination. But I'm holding out hope there can be surprises.

:-D

Re: "Tuesday at the Rink" with Bill Jaffe
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:57AM

And the second show...

EDIT: forgot the link
[www.collegesports.com]

Steve (Dover, NH): I think that Cornell is getting too much respect with regards to this weeks poll. I understand that they are excellent defensively and have a 14 game win streak, but are they really on par with the top teams like Colorado College, Denver, Michigan and BC? I think that they would be a middle of the pack team in the WCHA or Hockey East, playing better teams night in and night out. Do you think they are deserving of a share at the top of the poll?

Jamie (Washington): Is Cornell the Rodney Dangerfield of NCAA Hockey (I get no respect, no respect) or is the ECAC such an inferior league to the western conferences?

Billy Jaffe: I was not a huge believer in Cornell earlier in the season after I watched them at the Florida Classic Tournament. Basically, they didn't overly impress me with their style of play and execution. However, after watching them at Lynah and following them more closely I have to admit that they are earning my respect with this streak they are on. Simply put, THEY WIN. No matter how they do it, they find a way to stifle the opposition and skate away with a victory. Now, I do not think they could get away with that in the WCHA as ice surfaces are often bigger but that's what makes college hockey so beautiful. It's like the argument that one player would hit more home runs at Fenway versus say, a bigger park like Safeco in Seattle. All that matters to me is that they are winning A LOT in their conference. Obviously the real test is the NCAAs and I - unlike Wodon - think they will go to the final 8 before losing.

Billy Jaffe: Cornell cannot be compared to Rodney because the whole college hockey world is talking about them. And so what if they aren't getting what some people think is "no respect". If they do go far (or win) it will make it that much sweeter.

Cornell is getting a lot of air time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2005 12:22PM by atb9.

Re: "Tuesday at the Rink" with Adam Wodon
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 11:57AM

Naturally, if Cornell does anything short of winning the national championship, we'll disown Adam anyway. :-P

Posted by: ganderson (---.its.yale.edu)
Date: March 02, 2005 02:36PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

Naturally, if Cornell does anything short of winning the national championship, we'll disown Adam anyway.[/q]

Not me. I think the world of the guy.

Now if we do so by anything short of a shutout we may disown Bill Howard. :-P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2005 09:30PM by ganderson.

Posted by: kaaren (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 02:38PM

[Q]ganderson Wrote:

Will Wrote:

Naturally, if Cornell does anything short of winning the national championship, we'll disown Adam anyway.[/Q]

Now if we do so by anything short a shutout we may disown Bill Howard.

[/q]

ROTFLOL! :-D

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 03, 2005 10:11PM

[Q]ganderson Wrote:

Will Wrote:

Naturally, if Cornell does anything short of winning the national championship, we'll disown Adam anyway.[/Q]

Now if we do so by anything short of a shutout we may disown Bill Howard.
[/q]
Nice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login