Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

When is NCAA seeding complete

Posted by Denison 71 
When is NCAA seeding complete
Posted by: Denison 71 (---.rte20201.de.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 10:32AM

When is the seeding determined for the NCAA tournament?

Re: When is NCAA seeding complete
Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 10:39AM

About 3 minutes prior to the Selection Show on the Sunday following the conference tournaments. ;-)

Posted by: Denison 71 (---.rte20201.de.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 11:12AM

That means March 20th?
Is there any trouble getting tickets at that late date or does one buy protective tickets?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: February 21, 2005 11:15AM

Its rarely difficult to get tickets to a regional. No problem if you call Monday.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: February 21, 2005 04:37PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Its rarely difficult to get tickets to a regional. No problem if you call Monday.[/q]

Reasonably-priced plane tickets, on the other hand... help

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.cust-rtr.swbell.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 05:00PM

You can fly with less than a week's notice to every ECAC and NCAA Final Four for the rest of your life for the price of one Long Island wedding.

You just need to have your priorities straight.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: February 21, 2005 06:12PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote:

You can fly with less than a week's notice to every ECAC and NCAA Final Four for the rest of your life for the price of one Long Island wedding.

You just need to have your priorities straight.[/q]

My trip back from Ithaca cost about $50 more than I expected it to, but I still regret most not getting my Cornell baseball cap back after Moulson's hat trick. So I see your point.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2005 08:12PM

You can get your hat back?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: February 21, 2005 08:31PM

When I was there, they'd throw them all in a garbage can, and you could pick 'em up after the game.

Kyle

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2005 08:33PM

I got mine back, they had a whole lot of them at the bottom of section C if you stuck around for a few minutes after the game.

Re: When is NCAA seeding complete [OT, way OT]
Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 08:37PM

[Q]Trotsky Wrote: You can fly with less than a week's notice to every ECAC and NCAA Final Four for the rest of your life for the price of one Long Island wedding.[/q]For the groom, the wedding should be cheaper, if there is no accumulated credit card debt. She's supposed to pay, remember.

[This is way OT but] (Our first date was to see Cornell in the NCAA regionals. She thought it incredibly romantic to drive to Providence in March to see ice hockey. I was hooked then and there. She thought the cowbell cheer was so cool although she was confused by the reference to B.U. that was of course not the opponent.)

The credit card joke aside, if the parents (read: mother) of the bride think paying for the wedding means exercising 100% control over all facets of the wedding, then this could be the most satisfying ten (twenty? thirty?) grand you ever spent. Well, maybe ten grand would bring satisfaction, but for thirty large, maybe you can listen to the old windbag go on and on about yellow vs. pink tablecloths.

Tip No. 1 for cheap wedding: Go to Filene's basement when you're in Boston for the ECACs. (Oh, wait, it moved. Then try the Cohoes outlets. Nothing else to do in Albany unless ex-Crimson scribe Morosi wants to give you a tour of the newspaper building.) Buy the most soiled wedding dress (biggest discount) meant for the chubbiest bride (most fabric), have it cleaned, and then find a seamstress who'll rip the tent apart and turn the $100 dress into the equal of $500 of fabric and then into a real wedding dress for about $250. To be continued at modernbride.com.

I have weddings on the brain today because I just found the in-laws are getting married the weekend of the NCAA lax finals but nowhere near where it's being played. I was hoping for two Big Red final fours this winter and spring, hoping to go in person. And, damn, they're doing the wedding just outside Columbus. Wonder if they could speed it up to say the second weekend in April ... ? That would be the shortest reception we ever attended on a Saturday afternoon. ("Funny, I could swear I see some big, reddish numbers under your tuxedo shirt.";)

Date: February 21, 2005 08:39PM

You throw a hat on the rink every time there's a Cornell hat trick, you're out $70 a decade, roughly speaking. That's less than tuition is going up.

Or if you stick around afterwards, maybe you can trade up to a better cap.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: February 21, 2005 09:01PM

[Q]Jacob '06 Wrote:

I got mine back, they had a whole lot of them at the bottom of section C if you stuck around for a few minutes after the game.[/q]

FREE HAT! (apologies to jmh)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 09:41PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
I just found the in-laws are getting married the weekend of the NCAA lax finals but nowhere near where it's being played. I was hoping for two Big Red final fours this winter and spring, hoping to go in person. And, damn, they're doing the wedding just outside Columbus. Wonder if they could speed it up to say the second weekend in April ... ? That would be the shortest reception we ever attended on a Saturday afternoon. ("Funny, I could swear I see some big, reddish numbers under your tuxedo shirt.";) [/q]
Ya know, Bill, just when I think you can't get any dumber after your comments this weekend, you go and say something like this, and...

TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF

:-D B-]

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 10:01PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:
[long rambling post on weddings removed]
[/q]

Damn Bill, you been hitting the sauce on a school night again? ;)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2005 10:17PM

bang

Date: February 21, 2005 10:37PM

[Q]jeh25 Wrote: Damn Bill, you been hitting the sauce on a school night again?[/q]How does one answer that question? Admit to innebriation on a school night? (Actually it's a four-day school weekend here but let's not exercise that defense.) Or claim sobriety? Intoxication is often a good defense against things one later regrets. If you're four sheets to the wind on the company retreat, you can tell off the boss and it's okay in the morning, but you can't try that back at the office when all you're drinking is regular coffee. So on this, can I take the, er, fifth?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: February 21, 2005 11:54PM

[Q]Jacob '06 Wrote:

I got mine back, they had a whole lot of them at the bottom of section C if you stuck around for a few minutes after the game.[/q]

But alas, mine was not among them. :`(

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2005 12:10AM

i thought i saw one of the guys flip up one to moulson on the bench ... maybe he took yours??

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: February 22, 2005 06:37AM

[Q]ben03 Wrote:

i thought i saw one of the guys flip up one to moulson on the bench ... maybe he took yours??[/q]

Hmm, he told me at Dunbar's he'd look for it, but I didn't bother describing it to him.

Posted by: Robb (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 22, 2005 08:22AM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

...If you're four sheets to the wind on the company retreat... [/q]

Four sheets? What are you sailing, a yawl or a ketch?

:)

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.rtp.epa.gov)
Date: February 22, 2005 10:13AM

Last hat I threw on the Ice (for a Moulson hatrick), the students who pick up the student rink assistants who came out to collect them just started throwing them back into the crowd. Dullards. I didn't get mine back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login