Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Clarkson SUCKS!

Posted by Chris 02 
Clarkson SUCKS!
Posted by: Chris 02 (---.larc.nasa.gov)
Date: March 10, 2004 10:31AM

This thread had to be started. When 5 out of the top 6 most recently replied to threads are off-topic and no one is talking or getting excited about the playoffs, something is wrong! nut

I would like to see some bigtime offensive output out of the Red in at least one game this weekend in addition to the usual defensive minded-ness. Like 4+ goals. I think it's certainly achieveable since the Clarkson SIEVE stood on his head last time when we peppered him with shots...let's make it very unpleasant for him if he gets anywhere near doing this again.

LGR!

Re: Clarkson SUCKS!
Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 10, 2004 11:15AM

The ticket office has a ton of tickets left in the student section. I went over there this morning and half of section B was still available, and I was pretty far back in line. Am I being cynical in thinking people just don't care that much this year?

Posted by: ben03 (---.CRMLLC.com)
Date: March 10, 2004 11:16AM

didn't you hear ... we stink this yearrolleyes ;-) rolleyes

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2004 11:39AM

If it goes to three games, I'm seriously considering driving up on Sunday...

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 10, 2004 02:58PM

Cornell hockey on a Sunday is a rare sight that I'd rather not have to witness unless we lose Game 1. Hey, if the ticket office would have let me get a ticket in Section B, I would gladly sit there instead of on the opposite side.

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2004 04:25PM

just wanted to take a break from studying (the reason my section A tickets are in the hands of another) to mention that

Clarkson sucks!
and their other name is the moldin' knights :)

LGR!

Posted by: gtsully (12.110.145.---)
Date: March 11, 2004 01:24PM

Bump. Playoffs start in a day and a half and nobody's talking about it...

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2004 03:50PM

I'm nervous. Clarkson could give us some serious trouble.

We need to get into Nickerson's (42) head early and often. That guy was horrible during his first game at Lynah and we should remind him. We should also tell him how fat he is and how slow he is.

Posted by: KenP (---.abrfc.noaa.gov)
Date: March 11, 2004 03:55PM

I may not be talking about it but I'm certainly thinking about it. If only there wasn't the distraction of not knowing if there will be any internet broadcast. :-(

Maybe it's because they were so good when I was on the Hill, but Clarkson always scares me. No question this is the biggest test of the year so far. My biggest concern is remains the offense. Injuries are hopefully gone, but the lingering result is that the team hasn't had the roster consistency to develop really strong lines.

My prediction -- if we can score more goals than Clarkson, we'll win. rolleyes

Posted by: ben03 (---.CRMLLC.com)
Date: March 11, 2004 03:59PM

... brilliant!idea

Posted by: .m.o.o.n.l.i.g.h.t.d.a.n.c.i.n.g. (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2004 05:10PM

Yes, Clarkson's tough. And their fans are HORRIBLE. And their bad is LOUD!! The best of luck to the red and ill be there cheering you on.:-/

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.cust.uslec.net)
Date: March 11, 2004 05:22PM

[Q].m.o.o.n.l.i.g.h.t.d.a.n.c.i.n.g. Wrote:

Yes, Clarkson's tough. And their fans are HORRIBLE. And their bad is LOUD!! The best of luck to the red and ill be there cheering you on. [/Q]

If by bad you mean band and by lound you mean drunkards...

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2004 05:32PM

It certainly seems like no one cares, at least student-wise. I was horrified by how easy it was to call and get tickets. When I told them where my seats were, L row 9 & 11, she said: "Well the seats will be on the other side of the rink.". Now that's OK for me, but what about all those students who won't be there?

Have we given up already? Yes, I know theat there are alot of facetimers who go, but why not this weekend? What can we do to spark some enthusiasm? We aren't even talking about how much we "hate" Clarkson here. Do we not have any new ideas for cheers, signs, etc.?

I hope the team doesn't have the same lack of enthusiasm that the fans have. However I think Coach will prevent that.

Clarkson may have been the worst draw that we could have gotten; why couldn't Yale have done it? Oh yes, I forgot about that particularly great but underachieving coach. I still can't see why a great player would want to go to Yale, but I persist too much.

So Damn it start talking, that is writing, and give us old guys some hope that there will be some noise at Lynah.

Posted by: dss28 (---.dmca.yale.edu)
Date: March 11, 2004 05:47PM

If Saturday's rehearsal gets out before 2pm, I'll be driving like a madwoman to get to the game. And *if* it goes to 3 games, I'll... be driving like a madwoman to get to the game. :)

Posted by: jy3 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2004 05:59PM

i also think clarkson is a bad draw. cornell can do it, i think especially in 3, but it will depend on which cornell team shows up. i also am surprised by apparent lack of student interest in the games. a bunch of people from the group i got tix with did not get tickets. strange. spring break isnt until next weekend, not this weekend. damn i wish i didnt have this stinkin test. any chance of a clarkson broadcast on the web?

LGR!

Date: March 11, 2004 06:58PM

[Q]their bad is LOUD[/Q]

No, their band is horrible. They weren't loud, they were just bad. You were close. rolleyes

Date: March 11, 2004 07:00PM

there's going to be Cornell video on the web as Al pointed out! Woot woot!

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 11, 2004 07:37PM

It's interesting that we end up playing the team that we ended the season against. We're basically trying to beat Clarkson three times in a row on the same ice (or at least 3 of 4). I wonder how often this type of thing has happened and how the playoff series went. (The fact that Clarkson played last weekend does change things a little, but it's still an interesting question, at least to someone who'e more interested in writing about hockey than finishing his work before the weekend...)

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 11, 2004 08:01PM

It really is amazing how many seats are available. I think the most sickening thing I heard was at the beginning of the season, this guy told me he was thinking of selling the rest of his tickets because we were doing so badly. If finishing second in the ECAC is bad, I'll take bad any day!

Also I don't know if this has anything to do with lack of students buying tickets, but even though I had a line number and got tickets, I never received Gene's email about buying playoff tickets. (Not that that's an excuse or anything...)

I'll be there nice and early to cheer on Cornell. I'm giving up going to a concert for hockey. I know I have my priorities straight (too bad other people don't...) I'm looking forward to watching the House of David take down the Golden (Moldin'?) Goliaths. :-P

:-)

LGR!!!

Date: March 12, 2004 12:17AM

Clarkson blows! Bu too!

Posted by: JordanCS (---.dialin.de.kpnqwest.net)
Date: March 12, 2004 01:11AM

I think the lack of enthusiasm stems primarily from how easily we threw ECAC opponents aside last year. Now, a lot of the people expect that, and so this season is a letdown. I have a feeling that next year, the enthusiasm will be back. If we go on a hot streak and win the NCAAs, people will be enthusiastic because we can win it all with a non-dominating regular season, if we fall flat, people will want to cheer us to greater heights. Anyway, that all aside, KICK CLARKSON'S ASS THIS WEEKEND!!!

Posted by: Get a Room Rick (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2004 03:03AM

[Q]Jim Hyla Wrote:

I know theat there are alot of facetimers who go
[/Q]

I'll be there Jim.

Healthy team
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2004 09:01AM

"We'll be dressing a fully healthy team for the first time in a long time," said Schafer.

[www.uscho.com]

Posted by: min (---.atl.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 12, 2004 09:43AM

[Q]KeithK Wrote:

It's interesting that we end up playing the team that we ended the season against. We're basically trying to beat Clarkson three times in a row on the same ice (or at least 3 of 4). I wonder how often this type of thing has happened and how the playoff series went. (The fact that Clarkson played last weekend does change things a little, but it's still an interesting question, at least to someone who'e more interested in writing about hockey than finishing his work before the weekend...) [/Q]

cornell is not alone. over in the wcha, north dakota, denver and minnesota will also be playing the same teams against whom they ended their regular season...

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2004 11:13AM

I partially fear Clarkson too from my days on the hill and from our home record which has certainly improved but is not, nor has it ever been, what it was last year. If anything, you would have thought last year's home playoff series was a lock and fans would have stayed away. Why I don't know but I do recall I think three years ago arriving at Cornell on Friday afternoon and the ticket office still having tickets left and switching my seats for 'better' seats - read: student side. I guess the ticket office has given up on student seats since they told me I couldn't sit there earlier this week. Sad, very sad. If you're going to stay away because the team isn't as good as last year, then you don't fit the mold of what's filled Lynah consistently for years. Last year was special but it's years like this where we're good but we wonder are we good enough, Martinez' comments aside in this weeks ECAC column, that add mystery, suspense, drama, intrigue - all the more reason to come out but I thought the fact that Cornell hockey was playing was good enough.

Maybe somebody should remind people of the feeling of celebrating on the ice with the team if you win this series. While chanting 'Lake Placid, Lake Placid' made it even better, there's still nothing like that moment. You can't get that at Albany and you can't get that in the NCAA's and I'm not sure at how many schools you get that chance.

This is the first time in 10 years that I won't be at the QF series - under the weather to make the long drive, but I will be screaming at RedAR's TV and screaming more if I see an empty seat.

Posted by: Steve Marciniec '85 (---.fluor.com)
Date: March 12, 2004 01:29PM

It is pretty sad that this weekend's series wasn't sold out soon after tickets went on sale. Current fans must be a bit spoiled by the success of the last couple years. Anyway, for those fortunate enough to be going to the games this weekend, I challenge you to get as many of your rowdy friends as possible to go and raise the decibel level this weekend. Could our mediocre home record this year be partially due to poorer than usual fan support? If so, don't let it happen in the playoffs. They used to say the Lynah faithful was worth a goal a game, and maybe two for the Harvard game and the playoffs. Help our team get a sweep!

Posted by: JordanCS (---.dialin.de.kpnqwest.net)
Date: March 12, 2004 02:20PM

It is quite sad that it didn't sell out. If I weren't in Kuwait (and aside from that, Germany), I'd be there...I'm just bummed that this will be the first year since '95-'96 that I haven't been to at least one CU game. :( LGR!

Posted by: Báby_Fan (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2004 03:24PM

I fear part of the townie section will be noticably missing as well. The person I bought my tickets off of said her son is on the IHS hockey team and that they have some sort of championship series this weekend too.

Hopefully, the townies who can't come were all able to sell/give away their tickets to someone worry

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.253.86.124-dhcp.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2004 02:04PM

[Q]It's interesting that we end up playing the team that we ended the season against. We're basically trying to beat Clarkson three times in a row on the same ice (or at least 3 of 4). I wonder how often this type of thing has happened and how the playoff series went. (The fact that Clarkson played last weekend does change things a little, but it's still an interesting question, at least to someone who'e more interested in writing about hockey than finishing his work before the weekend...)[/Q]

Colgate is in the same boat as well
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2004 02:04PM by .

Re: Healthy team
Date: March 13, 2004 07:58PM

[Q]CowbellGuy Wrote:

"We'll be dressing a fully healthy team for the first time in a long time," said Schafer.

[www.uscho.com]
[/Q]

...but only for the first game. :-/

Hope Vesce gets better SOON!!

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 13, 2004 08:00PM

[Q]dss28 Wrote:

CowbellGuy Wrote:

[www.uscho.com]

...but only for the first game.

Hope Vesce gets better SOON!! [/Q]
Hope there's no game for him to play in tomorrow.

Date: March 13, 2004 08:01PM

Amen brotha!

Date: March 13, 2004 08:27PM

Hence why I went with being vague :)

Clarkson STILL sucks!
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 14, 2004 02:52PM

Clarkson still sucks!

*shameless bump*

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login