Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Women's Playoff Games

Posted by Tom Pasniewski 98 
Women's Playoff Games
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2004 10:57AM

If you're in the Boston area, don't forget the Cornell women's team is coming to town tonight and tomorrow to take on Harvard SUCKS in the ECAC quarterfinals. Tonight's game is at 7 p.m. and I'm sure we all have other plans for 7 p.m. tonight but tomorrow's game is at 4 p.m., and should end in plenty of time to catch the webcast, radiocast, chat, elynah thread or whatever your means of keeping up on the game is. While there is no automatic bid for the ECAC tournament winner and women's PWR suggests Harvard is a lock for the women's NCAA Frozen Four, there's never a bad time for a Cornell hockey team to beat Harvard. Game three if necessary is Sunday at 4 p.m.

Re: Women's Playoff Games
Posted by: Dart~Ben (---.Kiewit.dartmouth.edu)
Date: March 12, 2004 02:11PM

If Cornell wins one of those games it'll be a miracle. Harvard, Dartmouth, and SLU are heads and shoulders above Cornell, Colgate, and Yale, all should be easy sweeps. The only first round series that should go 3 games is Princeton-Brown.

I will say that barring Wisconsin running the WCHA table and upsetting Minnesota, it should be SLU, Harvard, Dartmouth, and Minnesota in the Frozen Four. If Wisconsin wins the WCHA tourny, SLU may be on the outside looking in. Minn, Harvard, and Dartmouth are almost all locks at this point.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2004 02:12PM by .

Date: March 12, 2004 02:40PM

No one is expecting Cornell to take the series from Harvard and just as with men's RPI in playoff games where if RPI goes down by beating a weaker opponent the game is tossed out for RPI purposes, the Cornell-Harvard games 'won't count' for RPI purposes. With the QF series for women instead of just one game where they used to work around the men's schedule, I see that Dartmouth and Brown have in effect scheduled doubleheaders with the women at 3:30 and the men at 7 in QF game 1 today. Aaah, to dream of the day when we might have a doubleheader. Actually, didn't they try that a while back as well as moving some women's game to the evening?

Re the Princeton-Brown series, Princeton should take a good luck at their women's coach Kampersal for the men's coaching vacany. He's a former player and has really taken the Princeton women this year to the stage just below the national powers.

Having an alum who played hockey coach your team is good for the 'lead by example' philosophy as we all know Coach's requirement that each player know the history behind the number they are wearing out on the ice.

Date: March 12, 2004 02:41PM

[Q]Tom Pasniewski 98 Wrote:

No one is expecting Cornell to take the series from Harvard and just as with men's RPI in playoff games where if RPI goes down by beating a weaker opponent the game is tossed out for RPI purposes, the Cornell-Harvard games 'won't count' for RPI purposes. With the QF series for women instead of just one game where they used to work around the men's schedule, I see that Dartmouth and Brown have in effect scheduled doubleheaders with the women at 3:30 and the men at 7 in QF game 1 today. Aaah, to dream of the day when we might have a doubleheader. Actually, didn't they try that a while back as well as moving some women's game to the evening?

[/Q]

Rather than edit, I'll quote myself - The game won't count for RPI if Harvard wins. It will count if Cornell wins but Harvard is a lock for the Women's FF.

Date: March 13, 2004 02:14PM

5 goals in 3 and a half minutes in the second leads Harvard to a 9-1 win over Cornell. While Harvard SWALLOWS is a good team, their coach allows the score to get run up to inflate the numbers of their players. It's adding insult to injury. Off to catch Game 2 before joining the gang to watch our men's team on the tube (that's webcast hooked to the tv, not to confuse anyone).

Ben - Beat up Minnesota and Harvard in the NCAA's

Posted by: Avash (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2004 03:57PM

[Q]5 goals in 3 and a half minutes in the second leads Harvard to a 9-1 win over Cornell.[/Q]

Looks like that Game 1 was pretty close for the first half of the game; after 35 minutes of play, it was only 1-0 Harvard

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 13, 2004 04:45PM

My girl friend plays for the women's team so I make it to a fair number of games. They have no depth. They have like 8 forwards that can play and then a couple others that are far behind. So most games, even against the big time teams like Dartmouth, Harvard, and Brown, they play a pretty close first half. But in the second half, they get destroyed.

Posted by: ugarte (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2004 05:26PM

[Q]calgARI '07 Wrote:

My girl friend plays for the women's team so I make it to a fair number of games. They have no depth. They have like 8 forwards that can play and then a couple others that are far behind. So most games, even against the big time teams like Dartmouth, Harvard, and Brown, they play a pretty close first half. But in the second half, they get destroyed. [/Q]Maybe your girlfriend can tell you about the three "periods". :-P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login