Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

going to games this weekend

Posted by RedAR 
going to games this weekend
Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: March 02, 2004 04:55PM

Just wondering which games people were planning to attend in person this coming weekend. Tom Pasniewski and I are planning on going to at least 1, if not 2 (or 3) of the SUCKS vs. Vermont.

Re: going to games this weekend
Posted by: dss28 (---.library.yale.edu)
Date: March 02, 2004 05:04PM

I might try to get to Yale-SLU(t)... depends on rehearsal schedule.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: March 02, 2004 05:46PM

We might consider the Sucks game(s). Anyone know the ticket situation? Do Cornell fans have to buy tickets to three other crappy events to get in?

Then again, I might take my daughter to see "Miracle".

Hey, anyone remember watching Cornell play the '76 US Olympic team? I remember thinking it was weird rooting for a bunch of Canadians playing for my school, against a bunch of Americans playing for my country. It didn't take the Lynah crowd long to decide that it was totally behind Cornell. And we loved every minute of a sound butt-kicking that the boys administered.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: March 02, 2004 05:54PM

If by "going to games" you mean "going to the library and catching up on the work I didn't get done last weekend", then yes, I will be going to games this weekend. twitch

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2004 06:00PM

I'll be at Clarkson and Union...should be fun and maybe, just maybe, I can get the Union fans going!

Posted by: jeh25 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 02, 2004 06:15PM

Well, I'm flying to the UK on Sunday and will thus be packing Saturday, but I'm planning on hitting the Yale SLU tilt on Friday with a very outside chance of going Sat as well.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 02, 2004 07:28PM

Adam Brown wrote:

I'll be at Clarkson and Union...should be fun and maybe, just maybe, I can get the Union fans going!

Watch out for all those stupid cowbells, though. :-P

Posted by: Beeeej (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: March 03, 2004 09:46AM

Josh Herman '99 wrote:
If by "going to games" you mean "going to the library and catching up on the work I didn't get done last weekend", then yes, I will be going to games this weekend. twitch

If by "going to games" you mean "going out with Yana and various groups of her friends on three separate occasions over the course of the weekend to earn tons of points which I will then spend on being at Lynah (with her, actually) the following weekend," then yes, I will be going to games this weekend. help

Beeeej

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: March 03, 2004 10:55AM

I just heard a radio ad on WBZ1030 about the SUCKS games.

"This traffic report brough to you by [SUCKS] Athletics.

blah blah blah." (That's not Facetimer, that's the report.)

Then the actual ad, along the lines of:

"It's ECAC hockey playoff season. This weekend the Crimson of Harvard University take on the Catamounts of Vermont in a best of three series..." then something about getting tickets by calling 1-800-GO-HARVARD-SUCKS.

The ad ran with the post-rush hour traffic report.

I guess they are in need of some "fans".

Date: March 03, 2004 12:21PM

For what it's worth, I just called the SUCKS ticket office and asked if I was safe in assuming that I could purchase tickets to the men's ice hockey games this weekend at the door. Response was "uhhh.. yeah."

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 03, 2004 12:56PM

RedAR:

Does that mean "Go, Cats, Go!" :-}

JH

Posted by: melissa '01 (---.ip.tvc-ip.com)
Date: March 03, 2004 01:56PM

I'm thinking of attending at least one of the Union games myself. Should be more interesting than the other series going on in the Capital region ...

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 03, 2004 03:16PM

Without even reading this thread, I called and was told no problem as well. Beeeej - I admire your effot to earn points so that you can come to Cornell next weekend. It reminded me of my pepband days - boy I wish we could have earned points that way to get into hockey. But I'll take not having to earn points, watching SUCKS hopefully lose and going to Cornell next weekend, the product of having a girlfriend who is so disinterested in sports, she'll gladly let me do what I want with whom I want to watch Cornell hockey or any other sporting event for that matter.

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2004 11:25AM

I think I'll be at the Sucks game on Saturday with a few non-hockey-fan friends...

Posted by: judy (---.washdc3.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: March 05, 2004 02:33PM

so for those not lucky enough to be living within reasonable driving distance from any games this weekend, anyone going to be around?

Date: March 05, 2004 03:38PM

dss28,

I'll be with Tom Pasniewski and crodge2k and annedvm. I'll most likely be wearing my #24 Kendall jersey, with a beige Cornell Hockey cap. Hope you see you there.

Date: March 05, 2004 04:08PM

RedAR,

I'll look for you there -- I'll be the short girl coming up to you, introducing myself, and asking which team we're routing for.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 05, 2004 05:00PM

Beeeej:
I hope you pick up lots of points for "going to the games" this weekend laugh
Meanwhile, I have a hard time cheering for Vermont, but against SUCKS, I guess I will pinch my nose and Go Cats! nut
Tom
Stanford is still No. 1 in Hoops

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 05, 2004 05:39PM

[Q]judy Wrote:

so for those not lucky enough to be living within reasonable driving distance from any games this weekend, anyone going to be around? [/Q]

You mean on the chat? I wasn't planning on it, but I might change my mind. Might also try to lurk while I work.

Date: March 05, 2004 05:46PM

Killer, hope you can make it!!

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 05, 2004 06:02PM

I'll be in and out of chat, i suppose.

By the way (and I know this belongs on another thread...) cn8tv.com allows you to watch it for free on the web, and the quality and sound are at least as good as i2sports.

So, provided the games aren't blacked out, that's an option for those who don't get cn8 and can't make it to albany.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc3.elnk.dsl.genuity.)
Date: March 05, 2004 06:18PM

I guess I'll be there and see who shows up. Will be watching the local AHL team (aka, what remains of the washington capitals) and on a tulip making binge.

Posted by: rhovorka (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2004 06:23PM

Yeah, I'll probably be on chat and bounce between playoff netcasts.

CN8 on the web?
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 05, 2004 07:34PM

[Q]Greenberg '97 Wrote:

By the way (and I know this belongs on another thread...) cn8tv.com allows you to watch it for free on the web, and the quality and sound are at least as good as i2sports. [/Q]

[cn8tv.com] is a domain-parking page. Sure the address is not something else?

Re: CN8 on the web?
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: March 05, 2004 07:49PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Greenberg '97 Wrote:

By the way (and I know this belongs on another thread...) cn8tv.com allows you to watch it for free on the web, and the quality and sound are at least as good as i2sports.

[cn8tv.com] is a domain-parking page. Sure the address is not something else?
[/Q]
Try cn8.tv

Date: March 06, 2004 01:20AM

[Q]judy Wrote:

I guess I'll be there and see who shows up. Will be watching the local AHL team (aka, what remains of the washington capitals) and on a tulip making binge. [/Q]

A tulip making binge?

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: March 06, 2004 02:50AM

[Q]dss28 Wrote:

Killer, hope you can make it!! [/Q]

It all depends on whether I can sell my daughter on it. She's coming back from a week-long school trip to DC Saturday morning. If she's up for the game, I'm there. But she may want to just chill.

BTW, for those thinking of catching Sucks in action against the Cats, their loyal fans filled 1,627 of the 2,776 seats Friday night. Now that's dedication to...the books?...local nightlife?...Bartley's Burgers? Looks like they need us more than they think.

Posted by: RedAR (---.harvard.edu)
Date: March 06, 2004 10:21AM

Yeah, it was pretty pathetic at SUCKS last night. The 1600 figure seems to be way inflated (from observation) cause the place seemed to be less than half full. There were probably as many Cornell fans there last night as there were SUCKS fans :)

There was this kid (maybe 12 years old?) wearing a Cornell jersey sitting next to the Harvard bench. He pressed his jersey on the glass between him and the bench, seemingly to remind those underachievers and their coaching staff that Cornell owns them.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 06, 2004 10:38AM

[Q]RedAR Wrote:

There was this kid (maybe 12 years old?) wearing a Cornell jersey sitting next to the Harvard bench. He pressed his jersey on the glass between him and the bench, seemingly to remind those underachievers and their coaching staff that Cornell owns them. [/Q]

That kid is awesome. He's my new hero. :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login