Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Info. on Tix to Cornell at Sucks

Posted by BigRedIslander '03 
Info. on Tix to Cornell at Sucks
Posted by: BigRedIslander '03 (---.bu.edu)
Date: December 08, 2003 09:43AM

So I just called the Havard ticket office to see when standing room tickets or extra unsold tickets would go on sale for the game. The ticket official there said that no standning room or extra tickets would go on sale as all of these seats would go to undergrad's who showed up with their ID's that day

I take this to mean that basically they're not selling tickets at all, even if there are some left. I guess they're hoping that hundreds of Sucks undergad's will show up day of game? This is ridiculous

Can anyone validate this for me...I have people coming up to go to this game with me and I'm kicking myself for being a cheap ass and not buying the package

P.S. Will there be a sports bar in there area where Cornell fans without tickets can get together to watch the game on TV?

Re: Info. on Tix to Cornell at Sucks
Posted by: Erica (---.IERN.DISA.MIL)
Date: December 08, 2003 09:44AM

I don't doubt that there will be undergrads who would be willing to sell their "free" tickets for the correct asking price.

Date: December 08, 2003 09:50AM

See that's the thing...I don't think they're issuing tickets to the undergrad's. It seems that all the undergrad's need to do is show their ID to get in, like we do at all other sporting events

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 08, 2003 10:12AM

Then maybe they'll sell us their IDs? :-D

Posted by: dss28 (---.client.comcast.net)
Date: December 08, 2003 11:56AM

How are we not supposed to take this personally?

I know the article on USCHO said that it just *happened* to be the Cornell game that was affected, but seriously.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.31.65.235.Dial1.NewYork1.Level3.net)
Date: December 08, 2003 12:46PM

Harvard claims that they are following the lead of the other Beanpot schools. I checked with BU and BC and they make any remaining tickets available to their affiliates on the Monday before a weekend game and then open it to the general public on Wednesday. Since most of their seats are already sold as season tickets it doesn't leave you much chance but it is still better than what Harvard is doing. Is there any chance that there will be standing room for sale to Harvard alums? My contact couldn't get through on the phone last time.

Anyway, I say we smuggle fish into their rink and throw it after the game is over, win or lose.

Date: December 08, 2003 12:58PM

I just want to go to the game. *sigh*

Posted by: Drew '01 (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2003 05:17PM

My guess is that Ithaca Sports club will broadcast the game. It is down on West Green St. kiddy corner from Bangs Funeral Home. They are usually pretty good at broadcasting games that you want to see. I plan to be there watching the game.

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: December 08, 2003 05:21PM

I don't think we should count on Harvard (sucks) to be "generous" and release un-claimed tickets for sale to the Lynah Faithful.

Oh, did I mention that Harvard Sucks?? :-D

1-0, Cornell wins at home. 'nough said!

Posted by: krodh293 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 08, 2003 05:40PM

Is there a section in their rink where Cornell fans usually sit? I'm probably going to ask an acquaintance who goes there to sell me a couple tickets, and I want to know what section I should tell her to try for.

Also, is there anyone from Philadelphia, Jersey, or NYC planning on driving to Boston for the game who happens to have room for two fans who would gladly pay for gas money? :p

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 08, 2003 09:43PM

There are no more reserved seats available. Your friend will have to try to get standing room.

Posted by: RedAR (---.gsd.harvard.edu)
Date: December 08, 2003 10:40PM

Couple things...

First, the SUCKS tickets I got are clearly marked "General Admission" or "Grad Student." I also know from past years that if you have a ticket marked "Grad Student," then they will ask you for a Harvard ID at the door.

Also, in the past, they did in fact just give tickets at the door to students with Undergrad ID's. This probably means that you can't have an undergrad buy a ticket for you in advance.

Posted by: atb9 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 11, 2003 01:08AM

will probably be watching Estero and the sucks game at a bar in Albany...will follow with a new topic and more info as plans are finalized

Date: December 12, 2003 12:14PM

Will anyone be getting together in Boston to watch?

Date: December 12, 2003 12:16PM

I'd be up for that -- I know CSTV is televising that game (I don't know if local stations would televise it anyway)... name the place, I'm there.

Posted by: Big Red Dog (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 13, 2003 12:33AM

me too, me too, we're gonna be making the trek to Brown and we figure we might as well bum around Boston for the hell of it....name a place....

Posted by: Erica (---.c3-0.gth-ubr1.lnh-gth.md.cable.rcn.c)
Date: December 13, 2003 08:45AM

I'll likely be in Boston that weekend, but I'm not coming up till after the game. So where are you all going to be afterwards? Oooh, can we go to that bar with the scorpion bowls and the little plastic creatures in them again?

Post Edited (12-13-03 08:47)

Posted by: rinkrat (---.equityresources.com)
Date: December 14, 2003 04:25PM

Don't know about SRO tickets, but undergrads had to buy tickets in advance, and all of the tickets are definitley sold out.

Scorpion Bowls
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 11, 2004 10:56PM

No plastic creatures this time, and the price appears to have gone up from $8 to $11. But they are still brutal. Also not a big fan of the mandated ejection of everyone from the bar 15 minutes after last call.

Date: January 11, 2004 11:03PM

Me neither. Still recovering. ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login