Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Jersey

Posted by DFORD '94 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Older Game Worn Vintages?
Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.10.97.adsl.snet.net)
Date: January 09, 2007 10:10PM

Dpperk29
cth95
My sister is in her 2nd year (and 2nd year ever) playing at Potsdam High School.

wouldn't she want a clarkson jersey if she is from that neck of the woods?

Maybe she'll be your opposite and go to Cornell after growing up near Clarkson.

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2007 11:03PM

ebilmes
Dpperk29
cth95
My sister is in her 2nd year (and 2nd year ever) playing at Potsdam High School.

I'm working on that. :-)

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: January 10, 2007 08:23AM

cth95

RichH
Oh, and congrats on the 100000th hockey forum post.

That's pretty cool. I saw the post mentioning we were close, but I hadn't noticed that I won. Any awards for that? :-)

How about a free ticket to the Dartmouth game in February?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 10, 2007 12:22PM

Killer
cth95

RichH

That's pretty cool. I saw the post mentioning we were close, but I hadn't noticed that I won. Any awards for that? :-)

Damn! I knew I should've spammed the forum with 10 filler posts as soon as the 100,000 watch was posted!

Date: January 10, 2007 12:25PM

KeithK
Killer
cth95

RichH

Damn! I knew I should've spammed the forum with 10 filler posts as soon as the 100,000 watch was posted!
Not that my posts are ever that substantive anyway. :-D

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: January 10, 2007 07:47PM

ebilmes
Dpperk29
cth95

well, there is a cornell jersey hanging on my wall at home

Date: January 10, 2007 11:46PM

Killer
cth95

RichH

I wouldn't complain about that! I live near Burlington.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.10.97.adsl.snet.net)
Date: January 11, 2007 12:35AM

Dpperk29

It would probably rather be left there than brought to Potsdam... help

Date: January 11, 2007 07:15AM

ebilmes
Dpperk29

It would probably rather be left there than brought to Potsdam... help

dpperk,

Just tell your parents to turn on the radio so it can hear the games while you are gone.

Re: Jersey
Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: January 23, 2007 06:57PM

Nike Swift, meet the "Reebok EDGE uniform system."

[sports.yahoo.com]

Hey remember CCM and Bauer?

Date: January 23, 2007 07:08PM

Anyone who thinks the new jerseys are going to make any significant difference in on ice performance is kidding himself. Maybe there is a 9% decrease in drag under certain conditions. That does not translate into a 9% increase in speed.

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.panjde.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: January 24, 2007 04:51PM

KeithK
Anyone who thinks the new jerseys are going to make any significant difference in on ice performance is kidding himself. Maybe there is a 9% decrease in drag under certain conditions. That does not translate into a 9% increase in speed.

I'm talking out of my rear end here, but I feel like it's more likely to result in roughly the same speed with less work, or slightly faster speeds with the same work, so after your fifth shift you might notice a difference. It's very truthy. . . I think I'll go post it on Wikipedia.

If the NHL thinks this will improve goal scoring - good luck with that. I guess making the goalies wear more form-fitting jerseys might be good for an extra goal every 5 years or so.

Date: January 24, 2007 05:01PM

Tom Lento
KeithK

I'm talking out of my rear end here, but I feel like it's more likely to result in roughly the same speed with less work, or slightly faster speeds with the same work, so after your fifth shift you might notice a difference. It's very truthy. . . I think I'll go post it on Wikipedia.

If the NHL thinks this will improve goal scoring - good luck with that. I guess making the goalies wear more form-fitting jerseys might be good for an extra goal every 5 years or so.
I would expect that friction on the skate blade is significantly greater resistance than air resistance, particularly late in periods or for skaters with less than stellar mechanics. Since the uniform doesn't affect this and a speed increase would have a corresponding skate friction icnrease I think it's more likely that players will travel at the same speeds with marginally less effort. I doubt the reduction in effort would be apparent until lat ein a game though

Posted by: WillR (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: January 24, 2007 06:54PM

Tom Lento
KeithK

The form fitting jersey would increase goal scoring by some small percentage -sidney crosby gets an extra goal each season- but only if this positional arms the defensemen had to wear the old ones. If they both wear the new ones neither defense nor offense is better off relative to one another. The only difference is that we as fans are apparently going to be tormented by some fantistically ugly uniforms if the Bauer jersey is any guide. We as players or programs may also be worse off if we have to buy new and more expensive jerseys (ignoring any supposed comfort gains) just to keep pace the other teams and programs.

Nike Gives up on Hockey
Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: October 10, 2007 10:20AM

As noted at Uniwatch, NikeBauer is for sale: [www.thestar.com]

Probably doesn't bode well for them pumping money into new jersey development.

It all raises an interesting question though. Any word on what style sweater the Red will sport this season?

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login