Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

video

Posted by Greenberg '97 
video
Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 11, 2003 01:19PM

Sorry if nobody wants to think of it... but if anyone has a tape of ESPN2's broadcast of the game (that hasn't already taped over it with an ER rerun), I'd like to get my grubby little hands on it. People tell me that I was on TV. That, and I'd like to see all the plays down at the far end of the ice, including the disallowed goal and the facial save.

Please reply here, or email me at mikegberg@aol.com.

Thanks a lot. CU in Boston, 2004.

Re: video
Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.stanford.edu)
Date: April 11, 2003 01:42PM

Ooh, I had a tape, but part of it would be taped over this afternoon when Good Day Live comes on on Ch. 5. Sorry...

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.stny.rr.com)
Date: April 13, 2003 10:20PM

Greenberg '97 wrote:
I'd like to see all the plays down at the far end of the ice, including ... the facial save.
You don't really want to see that. *wince*

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 13, 2003 10:23PM

I'd also like a copy. Mine quit before the last few minutes of the game. Thanks.

Posted by: gtsully (12.45.229.---)
Date: April 14, 2003 08:42AM

I've got it on TiVo - I just need to copy it over to video, which I'll probably do sometime in 2005 when I'm ready to watch it again.

Just kidding, of course. I can make copies, but it's a little choppy at parts during the third period - the winds must have picked up in my neighborhood and caused havoc with my dish. Anyone interested e-mail me at gtsully@netzero.net.

By the way, still looking for a copy of the Mankato game if anyone has one.

Posted by: dsr11 (---.watson.ibm.com)
Date: April 14, 2003 10:16AM

I have a tape with the entire CU-UNH game and the entire Minnesota-UNH game (I was out of town so I just set the VCR for both games). Obviously quality isn't stellar because it's a 6 hour tape with a full 6 hours on it (SP, I think). I can't make copies myself because I don't have the equipment, but if someone wants it, I can mail it or drop if off in person if you're in the NY/NJ/CT area (I'm in Stamford). dsr11@cornell.edu if you're interested.

Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.sonomatech.com)
Date: April 14, 2003 06:38PM

Sully --

I may still have the Mankato game, but I'll have to check. I will let you know.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: April 15, 2003 07:44PM

I would like to trade a copy of either of two tapes that I have for the Mankato game (the Saturday game from Providence).

I can send either a copy of the UNH game (in the 6 hour SLP mode) or a copy of the YES rebroadcast of the ECAC final over Harvard (in the 2 hour SP mode on a T-160 tape).

Please email me at the lynahred email address above without the .notspam in the address if you can send me the Mankato game in return for either of the tapes I am offering.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---.dial.spiritone.com)
Date: April 15, 2003 08:40PM

We should establish a Cornell hockey DVD set. I don't know how many games have actually been broadcast on/taped off TV over the years -- maybe 30 or 40, including the national championship games in 67 and 70.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 15, 2003 08:48PM

Greg wrote:

We should establish a Cornell hockey DVD set. I don't know how many games have actually been broadcast on/taped off TV over the years -- maybe 30 or 40, including the national championship games in 67 and 70.
I don't recall those championship games being broadcast--although I'd love to be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

video format
Posted by: gtsully (12.110.143.---)
Date: April 16, 2003 08:36AM

I've had some requests for cpoies of the UNH game video, which I'm more than happy to do, but I have a question for everyone - do you want the intermission reports included in the broadcast? Usually I'll cut them out, but it seems like, at least from the earlier thread about the ECAC Championship game DVD's, that there's a demand for them. Thoughts?

Posted by: jason (---.ip.e-nt.net)
Date: April 16, 2003 10:49AM

I too would like to get a copy of the Mankato game. I have the ECAC semifinal and final on tape as well as the NCAA regional game against BC. I also have a bunch of games from the past ten+ years on tape that I could make a copy of and trade (which reminds me, Greg, weren't you and suppose to do a trade (of which games I can't now remember)? I think we dropped the ball on that.).

Posted by: gtsully (12.45.229.---)
Date: April 21, 2003 09:18AM

Hey everyone,

sorry to report, but I left my copy of the UNH game on TiVo for too long, and it was automatically deleted to free up space for NHL playoff games and such. I can't beleive I forgot to tag it "Don't delete until I tell you to." The lesson, as always - I'm an idiot.

If anyone else has a copy, please post, because I know a few people were looking for it. Sorry again.

Old CU tape for trade
Posted by: Howard Madris (---.lsanca1.elnk.dsl.genuity)
Date: April 21, 2003 10:58AM

I have the 1986 Cornell-Denver U. NCAA Final 8 Playoff (Joe Nieuwendyk scored for Cornell, and Schaefer and Doug Dadswell were playing) (whole games), plus highlights of Cornells playoff series win over Vermont and its Boston Garden wins in the ECAC tournament in OT v. Yale a Clarkson. Will trade for a decent copy of the playoff games Harvard, BC, Mankato and UNH, or most of them. I have the Mankato and UNH games on Replay TV but it's been difficult for me to copy them to tape!! I accidentally deleted the other two games. I'm in So. Cal. but can do trade this with anyone. Will also trade for a copy of any old game that you may have. howardm1@earthlink.net

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.stanford.edu)
Date: April 21, 2003 01:20PM

I just re-watched the Yale-Cornell ECAC quarterfinal (game 2, on March 9, 2002) on Saturday when I was sorting my video tapes. I had forgotten I have that tape. It was amazing to see "the things to come" by re-watching this game from the 2001-02 season. Matt McRae took a shot that was practically the same as he did in the BC game this year (took the puck from the left side, behind the blue line, skated right to wait for the other Cornell players to clear the zone, then skated in on the short side of the goalie and shot from that impossible angle almost even with the goal line). He did not score against Yale on that play (but had that beautiful PPG late in the 3rd), but it was a thing of beauty to behold, and wonderful to know that he did score this year vs. BC, giving the team a chance to return to the Frozen Four.

Yes, I would love to see more games from the past (beyond my modest VHS collection, that is).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login