Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Frozen Four Pregame Party in Buffalo

Posted by Donald Lazzaro 
Frozen Four Pregame Party in Buffalo
Posted by: Donald Lazzaro (---.hatchmott.com)
Date: April 01, 2003 05:45PM

Cheer on Cornell in the Frozen Four!

Join fellow Cornellians at Pearl Street Brewery on April 10th at 10:00am for a pre-game "tailgate" and then watch the Cornell Red take on the UNH Wildcats at 12:00pm!

Those of you lucky alumni who have tickets can join fellow fans at the Pearl Street Brewery for some pre-game socializing and munchies. Pearl Street Brewery is located at 76 Pearl Street in downtown Buffalo, within walking distance of HSBC Arena and the parking ramps.

Cornellians who cannot get into HSBC Arena are welcome to stay at Pearl Street to watch the game, enjoy more food and drink, and of course, show some Big Red Spirit!

Cost of this event will be $12 per person which will cover food and sodas. A cash bar will also be available.

If you have questions or would like to RSVP, please contact
Chris Kramer at CAKramer2@yahoo.com or 716-631-9253

Let's go Red!

****The NCAA game on April 10th will be televised on EPSN2****
The winners of the semi-final games will face off for the national championship on
Saturday, April 12th at 7:00 p.m., Eastern. That game will be televised on ESPN.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email was sent to Cornellians in the Upstate New York from Cornell's New York/Ontario Regional Office of Alumni Affairs & Development. If it has reached you in error or you would prefer to be removed from the list, please let Shanna know, via email at smh25@cornell.edu.

If you have moved from the area you may update your mailing address on this link [services.alumni.cornell.edu] or can contact Shanna with your new information.

Shanna Hillback '00
Associate Director
NY/Ontario Regional Office
Cornell University
Alumni Affairs and Development
55 Brown Road Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 254-7182
(607)254-7169 FAX
email: smh25@cornell.edu

Re: Frozen Four Pregame Party in Buffalo
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2003 06:03PM

Pay at the door or prepay?

Date: April 01, 2003 08:18PM

At the door, but please RSVP to Chris Kramer at CAKramer2@yahoo.com or 716-631-9253.

Posted by: Chris Kramer (---.northgrum.com)
Date: April 02, 2003 09:53AM

We're striving to make this party big, loud, raucous, and impressive. All band members are invited to come with instruments!

Please RSVP to me ... cakramer2@yahoo.com. I'm trying to get some form of head count.

If I see enough of a turnout brewing, I'll invite the local media and ESPN2 for pre-game fan coverage! We don't get this chance too often.

Tell everyone you know, Cornell and non-Cornell alike.

Enough responses, and the price at the door will drop significantly since we're just trying to cover Buffalo Cornell Club costs, not make any money on this.

See you there!

Date: April 03, 2003 11:29AM

The pregame party at Pearl Street Brewery will be a good place to exchange tickets if you are buying or selling.

And who knows...if you don't have tickets, there's a good chance you could go into Pearl Street expecting to just watch the game on tv, and leave the party with tickets to see it in person.

Posted by: Andy Wallenstein '86 (---.dialup.cornell.edu)
Date: April 04, 2003 01:28AM

Here's an idea for you, Chris.

If you really want a great showing, how about having a much lower price for those of us with game tickets, who are likely to only stay a short time, and won't be eating or drinking that much. (You could even bring out the more expensive food after we leave, if you like.)

Personally, I'd probably try to stop by for 15-45 minutes, if the cost were a few dollars. But with what I'm spending on the tickets themselves, it's hard to justify paying $12 (or anything near that) for what is likely to be a very short stay.

I could be wrong, but I would guess there may be many others who feel similarly.

And thanks for organizing this!
Andy W. '86

Posted by: gtsully (12.45.229.---)
Date: April 04, 2003 09:15AM

I agree - it's an expensive trip as is (especially on the heels of Albany and Providence...) - if there's any way to knock the price down a little bit, I think we could jam the place to the rafters. rock

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: April 04, 2003 11:35AM

If $12 is going to make or break your trip, maybe you should watch the game on TV and save some real money. Stop busting this guy's balls. The Buffalo Cornell Club set up a place to go before the game to hang with other Red fans. Go or don't.

Date: April 04, 2003 12:05PM

We talked to Pearl Street, and to maximize turnout, there will be NO cover charge. Come for as short or long as you like - pay for your own drinks, food, etc.
It's the comraderie, beer and having a meeting place before the game that are important, so everyone meet at Pearl Street starting at 10am! Still working on getting the band to come early enough to stop by the party.

Date: April 04, 2003 12:08PM

Or. Maybe complain and you will get what you want. I'm going to go crawl in a hole now. rolleyes

Posted by: Chris Kramer (---.northgrum.com)
Date: April 04, 2003 12:18PM

The NO COVER CHARGE policy should make everyone happier!

As Don said, pay for what you want to eat and drink.

I'm going to pre-order a couple hundred wings so that we have food waiting for us. If you want to participate in this, you can pay me $3 at the door. If not, drink up and be merry!

I'd still appreciate emails to cakramer2@yahoo.com if you plan to attend. That way I can let everyone know how many HUNDREDS will be there!!!

Date: April 04, 2003 06:18PM

big red apple wrote:

If $12 is going to make or break your trip, maybe you should watch the game on TV and save some real money. Stop busting this guy's balls. The Buffalo Cornell Club set up a place to go before the game to hang with other Red fans. Go or don't.

Wow, you are a cranky bastard (as your tagline states.)

I never said $12 would make or break me. I made a simple suggestion, in no way meant as a complaint, in response to Donald saying he really hoped to fill the place up. I also thanked him for the work he had already done.

To have two different price levels, one for people who might stay 15 minutes to an hour at most, and one for people who might stay up to four hours seemed like quite a reasonable idea.

Why so much anger? Save it for UNH!
Andy W. '86

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nycmny83.covad.net)
Date: April 04, 2003 06:25PM

I dunno, Andy, if you can't eat $12 worth of food in an hour, you're not the man I thought you were.:-D

Beeeej

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 04, 2003 07:19PM

Andy Wallenstein '86 wrote:

Wow, you are a cranky bastard (as your tagline states.)
Like Schafer, apple doesn't mince words.;-)

Date: April 07, 2003 02:18PM

Thank you to all those who have rsvp'd about the party and for the positive response in general.
It looks like we're going to pack the place!
Still, if you haven't yet, respond to Chris (cakramer2@yahoo.com) if you think you're coming.
Pearl Street is a nice, big restaurant/bar - it'll look good filled with a sea of Red.

Posted by: Joe Rogers (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 03:46PM

I'm from Buffalo, pearl st. is okay, but I would definitely head out after the game to the Festival Grounds at the Pier! It's right on Lake Erie and it's huge. The band is coming after the game along with any players that are up for it. No charge at the door as far as I know, it's the best place to party in B-lo hands down...and this will be a party!
So watch it at Pearl St, then head over the skyway to the Pier!
It's going to be crazy

Date: April 07, 2003 04:00PM

Andy W. wrote:To have two different price levels, one for people who might stay 15 minutes to an hour at most, and one for people who might stay up to four hours seemed like quite a reasonable idea.
Have you ever heard of such a thing? Should you have your hand stamped on the way in and pay a toll based on your time at the bar on your way out? Ask anyone who remembers the CornellPass threads at the beginning of the season how I feel about requests for "more for less". Who cares, though. As I already conceded, the party is free, you have won. I hope you have a fun 15 minutes. (And if you don't think "Here's an idea for you, Chris" doesn't sound like a complaint, I would hate to hear what a complaint from you sounds like.)

And then Andy W. wrote: Why so much anger? Save it for UNH!
I don't have anger for UHN, just pity.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:39PM

[Q]I'm from Buffalo, pearl st. is okay, but I would definitely head out after the game to the Festival Grounds at the Pier! It's right on Lake Erie and it's huge. The band is coming after the game along with any players that are up for it. No charge at the door as far as I know, it's the best place to party in B-lo hands down...and this will be a party!
So watch it at Pearl St, then head over the skyway to the Pier!
It's going to be crazy[/Q]Bad enough to start a topic about this, but to try and ruin another thread, well if I wasn't sure before I am now. Unless someone tells me this is official, forget it, and please stop posting. Just my opinion, of course.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 07, 2003 05:42PM

I haven't heard anything about a Pep Band appearance other than the possible one at Dunn Tire Park. We should know what our official itinerary is tomorrow evening, I will let you know if this event is on it.

Date: April 07, 2003 05:57PM

I almost didn't respond to this, but deciding that I enjoy beating dead horses, I figured "why not?"

big red apple wrote:

Have you ever heard of such a thing? Should you have your hand stamped on the way in and pay a toll based on your time at the bar on your way out?

If you recall, my original suggestion (or complaint, as you like to call it) was to have two prices, and to get the lower price the entrant just had to show their game ticket at the door. Really not all that complicated.

(And if you don't think "Here's an idea for you, Chris" doesn't sound like a complaint, I would hate to hear what a complaint from you sounds like.)

Actually I definitely don't think "Here's an idea for you" sounds like a complaint, and in the context it was presented, along with a sincere note of thanks for organizing the event, I expect it wasn't taken as one by the people who matter most...those organizing the event.

Now that the horse is both dead and beaten let's just beat UNH!
Andy W. '86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login